• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Can You Cook?

I actually love cooking as well as I love eating a lot. :p
I live alone so definitely I should know how to cook or I end up starving or being a fast food regular customer. I could not say that I a am a great cook but at least the meals I know to cook are edible and tasty. I know how to cook Filipino dishes like sinigang, adobo and vegetable dishes.

Werbung:
Let's see I can bake, barbecue, bard, baste, blanch, boil, braise, caramelize, steam, roast, score, sear, saute, scald, stew, toast, flambe, and fricassee. Sadly, my daughter can't boil a pot of water without burning it. I try and try to teach her but she just doesn't seem to be able to pull off a simple baked chicken recipe. I wonder sometimes if cooking is a gene and she just didn't get it!

Cooking can be a lot of fun. There are loads of easy recipes that pretty much anyone can make. There are also lots of easy packages that include everything you need to make all kinds of exotic dinners without having to make them from scratch. The avocado ice cream sounds yummy! I have to try that sometime!

I've really gotten into cooking recently and I've been told that I'm not half bad at it! My family is always trying to get me to cook things and I have a ton of cookbooks now. People seem to like my cookies the best, so much so, one of my family members got me a cookie cookbook for Christmas. I honestly can't wait to try it out!

I like to *try* and cook. I'm certainly not the best cook in the world.. My favourite thing to make is meatloaf, only because i am good at it and everyone loves my meatloaf, although i'm not too crazy about meatloaf myself.

I did make a pretty good pumpkin pie for thanksgiving though, i was surprised at how well it turned out and the fact i never poisoned anyone, lmao

I love tocook. I have cooked in restaurants for the last 8 years and I am currently working as an assistant kitchen manager. I can also cook good hearty homestyle meals, like Grandma would make. I leave Thanksgivin and Christmas dinner to my boyfriend, as much as I hate to admit it there are somethings he can cook better than me.

Baking is another thing I LOVE to do too. Being in a kitchen, any kitchen is so relaxing and allows me to be as creative as I want.

I can a little. When theres noone to feed me I can make tacos , scramble eggs , salads , tuna salad , rice , hot dogs, and I can cook meat. Howie but' you
<

I can hold my own in a kitchen! I do enjoy trying new recipes, and tweaking them just a bit to fit me and my family's taste. I love reading cookbooks too. LOL Weird, I know. I feel recipes are more times than not, a suggestion, not a must follow to the tee. There are exceptions to that, of course, but in general, it is fun to make a recipe your own, and a family tradition to boot!

I like to believe that I can cook. Most of the times I forget that I'm cooking so things don't come out the way that I want them to. But I did impress myself a few weeks ago I was over at my boyfriends and I made a really good oven fried chicken and roasted carrots. He didn't think that the carrots were anything special but they are so much better than eating them raw.

I can bake.
If you want something besides cakes, and pies and cookies I'm probbaly not your girl. This is my favorite recipie.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Pie
recipe from Baked Perfection Crust:
16 Oreo cookies
1/4 cup unsalted peanuts
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Peanut Butter Layer:
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 of an 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream

Chocolate Layer:
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cups heavy cream
1/8 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract

2 small bananas
Crust:
In a food processor or blender, combine the Oreos and the peanuts. Process until finely crumbled. Place the crumbs in a bowl and drizzle with the melted butter, stirring until moistened. Press the crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie pan, covering the bottom and sides evenly. Chill the piecrust in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes while preparing the other ingredients.

Peanut Butter Layer:

Using an electric mixer, combine the peanut butter and cream cheese. Mix on low until creamy. With the mixer still on low, gradually add the powdered sugar, mixing until combined.

In a separate bowl beat the cream on medium-high until stiff peaks form to make whipped cream. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture, adding the whipped cream a little at a time, careful not to overmix.
Peel and slice the bananas, about 1/4 inch thick. Lay the half the banana slices in an even layer in the bottom of the chilled piecrust.
Spoon the peanut butter filling into the piecrust over the bananas and smooth the top with the back of the spoon. Lay the remaining half of the banana slices in an even layer over the peanut butter filling. Place pie in fridge while you prepare the chocolate layer.

Chocolate Layer:
In a microwave safe dish combine the chocolate chips and 1/2 of the cream. Cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Stir in sugar & vanilla. Set aside.

In small bowl, beat the rest of the cream until soft peaks form. Beat in chocolate mixture on high speed 1/3 at a time. Mix well and gently spoon into pie over the bananas.

Garnish as desired. I drizzled melted chocolate and melted peanut butter over the pie. Feel free to sprinkle some crushed Oreos or peanuts.

Place in freezer for 30 minutes. Remove from freezer and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze at least four hours before serving.

I can cook. I actually aspire to be a professional chef. Problem is, culinary schools are too expensive. I guess I have to set my dream aside for a while.

I actually don't like cooking but if I'm in the mood to cook, I'm unstoppable. I like to watch cooking shows though and I love collecting cooking books. I wish I have magic and I can just conjure the dishes that are displayed in the cooking books. That is why I love cooking books with pictures. I'm waiting to possess the magic to conjure the dishes to appear without even going to the kitchen! LOL

Werbung:
I know how to cook basic viands but I'm not so much of a master chef. I'd love to learn how to cook, though. I even thought of enrolling in culinary school to learn how to cook so I can cook for my husband-to-be.

Back