• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Can You Cook?

I got a recipe for avacado ice cream!

After I've tried it I'll let you know cos I'm unsure how it'll turn out *bites nails*. But here's a mega easy recipe that's extra yum - thai fish cakes. And even if you're not much of a fish fan it's alright cos it's part fish, mostly potato so not too fishy yum.

300g fish (red cod I use cos it's the cheapest here, heh)
500g potatos
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp tumeric
1 cup fresh coriander.
Sweet chilli sauce.

Boil and mash the potatos. Cook the fish for about 4minutes (or a bit more until it's cooked). Mix fish, potato, cumin, tumeric and most of the coriander (leave aside some for garnish :)) together and roll into balls and flatten. Fry in oil. I've found I'm not too flash at keeping them in patty forma nd need to be vigilant they dont fall to pieces though I suspect it's just cos I get impatient and try to flip them before they're ready :p. Mum suggests an egg as a binding agent if they don't stick well bu I'm gonna try for the patience front.

Enjoy!

Werbung:
ooooh sounds nice, do let us know how it is!!!

I've been doing a lot of homemade food recently. From chicken & veg soup, to pear crumble, toad in the hole (sausages in battr - VERY easy and cheap!), chickpea burgers.

Amendment to the thai fish cakes - powder with flour or breadcrumbs to help with the sticking and fry in a fair bit of oil.

Avocado ice cream:
3-5 avocados to taste
1 tin of sweetened condensed milk.
Blend together (I just used a fork to squish the avacado and mix it through the milk). It loses some sweetness in the freezing so if it's a lot sweeter than you're happy with before frozen it'll be fine after. I used 4 avocados but I reckon it was too many. Maybe 3 would be better... Freeze overnight.

Option 2
Milk
Brown Sugar
3-5 avocados.
Mix together to taste. Freeze overnight. Remember it should be a fair bit sweeter than you like while unfrozen.

I'm not sure about option 2 but the condensed milk comes out rock hard so you'll probably need to stand it in warm water or microwave it for 30 seconds before hacking into it with a chainsaw or whatevo ;).

Also...mmmmm sushi *drool*

:lol:hey thats funny that u were talking nout tacos i happend to be cooking one breakast taco when i was reading it lol:lol:

That sounds like u r pregnet but i do that too even though i havent started my period yet i eat like a determed pregnet woman with a c-c-c-crazzzy craving for wierd stuff like the other day i put a little bit of sweet pickle relish on my mint chocolate ice cream and thats wierd cuz i dont like ethr mint ice cream or sweet pickle relish ~~~wierd~~~

yah but the esy one
tongue.png

Why wait till you get married? I am an excellent cook, although I say so myself.. My grandma taught me as soon as I was old enough to reach the stove. My hubby thinks so as well.. Which you could tell from the size of his belly!

I love to cook and bake. I make meals every night. I learned from my mom and she is an awesome cook.

I admire those who cook well. I've tinkered at it but I hate cleanup so tend to keep life and cooking very simple.

Werbung:
I like to cook. Creating new recipes is something I love to do. Baking is fun also, it does take time though.

Back