• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Favourite Recipes

<
<
<

Werbung:
Easy-Peasy Carbonara

Bertha !!!!! I expect you to try this

K I aint one of these exact measures type people......so just use as much of everything as you want lol.

Ingredients : Bacon
Onions
Mushrooms
Single cream
Cheese
Pasta

1.. Cook pasta

2.. chop bacon, onions and mushrooms

3.. Fry until cooked

4.. Add cream and simmer until thickened

5.. Stir into pasta

6.. Sprinkle with bit of cheese

7.. EAT !!!!!!!!

<

Tex-Mex Cheese Enchiladas

Cheese enchiladas are a Tex-Mex mainstay. A plate of enchiladas, refried beans and Mexican Red Rice is one of the meals
that expatriate Texans long for. And although Mexican restaurants are found nationwide these days,

For the Enchiladas:

12 corn tortillas
1/2 cup olive or canola oil
2 large yellow onions
4 cups grated Longhorn cheese
Chili Gravy (recipe follows)

For the Chili Gravy

2 tablespoons shortening or lard
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons chili powder (see below)
3 cups Warm water
salt to taste

For the Chili Gravy, make a light roux by melting the shortening or lard in a skillet and stirring in the flour.
Stir and cook a few minutes until the flour has browned a little. Add the chili powder, water and salt,
and continue to stir and cook until mixture has thickened. Set aside and keep warm.

For the Enchiladas, lightly grease a 9x13-inch Pyrex dish, and preheat your oven to 400°F degrees.

Chop the onions, grate the cheese, and set aside.

Heat the oil in a second skillet. Have the corn tortillas ready.

Putting the enchiladas together is just a series of steps. And if youre the kind of cook that freaks out when the
kitchen gets a little messy, you might want to consider finding a good Tex-Mex restaurant instead.

Pick up a tortilla with tongs and place it into the hot oil for about 15 seconds. This first step is to soften the tortilla.
Remove the tortilla from the oil, letting the excess oil drip back into the skillet.
Dip the tortilla into the chili gravy, coating both sides.
Place the now-coated tortilla in the 9x13-inch pan, put a handful of grated cheese and onion on one edge of the tortilla,
and roll it up.
Place the rolled tortilla flat-side-down in one end of the pan.
Repeat ths process with the remaining 11 tortillas. The pan should be full.
Pour the remaining Chili Gravy on top of the enchiladas.
Sprinkle the enchiladas generously with the remaining grated cheese.
Bake for about 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly. Serve at once.
Makes four servings of three enchiladas each. Garnish with chili gravy, Crema or sour cream.

( Try adding Beef or Chicken with the cheese for a meat enchilada)

A side dish for the above meal

Mexican Red Rice

There are many variations of Mexican rice. I seldom make it the same way twice because I like to vary the basic recipe by adding one or more ingredients I may have on hand, like fresh corn, green peas, chopped carrots, green
or red bell peppers, pimientos and chopped celery. I think you will find that the basic recipe, however, is an excellent side dish.

1 cup uncooked rice (not instant rice)
2 tablespoons peanut oil or lard (see Note, below)
2 cloves garlic, minced or put through a garlic press
1 medium white onion, finely chopped
2 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
8-ounce can tomato sauce
1 cup chicken or beef broth
1 tablespoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoon salt

Heat the oil in a heavy skillet. Add the rice and stir over medium-high heat until rice is golden brown.
Add the garlic and chopped onion, and sauté until the onion just begins to brown.
Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, chili powder and salt, lower heat and cover.
Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and allow to sit, covered, for 5 minutes.

Fluff with a fork and serve. Makes 5 or 6 servings

Choc-Chunk Cookies:

Makes 12 cookies
Time to prepare: 20 mins
Time to cook: 12-14 mins plus chilling

INGREDIENTS:
  • 100g (4oz) butter - softened
  • 100g (4oz) light muscovado sugar
  • 15ml (1tblsp) golden syrup
  • 150g (5oz) self-raising flour
  • 75g (3oz) milk chocolate - cut into chunks
METHOD:
  • 1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, 350ºF, Gas 4. Beat together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy, then beat in the syrup. Sift over the flour and work into the micture to form a rough dough.
    2. Divide the dough into 12 even sized balls and place on 2 greased baking sheets with plenty of space between them. Slightly flatten each ball of dough and top with the chocolate chunks, pressing them lightly into the dough.
    3. Bake for 12-14 mins until just set and a pale golden colour. Leave on the baking sheets for 5 mins, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely (the cookies will firm on cooling).
As a variation, you can replace the choc chunks with roughly chopped brazil or pecan nuts - or stir 50g raisins and 10ml (2tsp) ground mixed spice into the mixture with the flour.

mmmmmmmm!!!

A while back my brother and I had to make dinner but I was on a No Dairy Diet (in an attempt to discover whether my ezcema was caused by dairy) so we had to find soemthing without dairy in it. On the net, we found a recipe for Lemon Chicken, it's not all that lemony but you can play around with it, like we did because it seemed to be missing bits so we chopped and changed as we went. It's really really really delicious (even with our disastrous cooking haha) and we cooked it for mum yesterday night and she said, slightly surprised, "yeah, it's really good!" and then "The only thing I can think of is to thicken the sauce a bit with cornflour".

So, here's the original recipe:

Lemon Chicken

INGREDIENTS:
 1-1/2 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breasts
 salt and pepper to taste
 2 Tbsp. olive oil
 2 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced and rinsed clean
 4 cloves garlic, minced
 1 onion, finely chopped
 10 oz. can chicken broth
 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
 pinch sugar
 2 cups grape tomatoes

METHOD:

Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in large skillet and add chicken. Saute on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Turn and saute 4-5 minutes on second side, until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside.
Add fennel, garlic, and onion to skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes until fennel is translucent. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, sugar and lemon peel and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add the grape tomatoes and capers. Simmer for 5 minutes, adding chicken to pan for last minute to heat through. Serve with hot cooked pasta. Serves 8

CHANGES:
As you can see, it says nothing about lemon peel in the ingredients. Half a lemon to a lemon's worth of peel works.
Mum never has fennel so we used bok choy instead, as well as carrots, cucumber and any other vegetables that work well with chicken like zucini or green pepper.
Unless you love onion with a fiery burning passion, about half an onion is better.
You can substitute pasta for rice. I think it works better that way.
You can also thicken the sauce with a bit of cornflour.
We only used about 500 grams of chicken instead of 1-1/2lbs. I have no idea how much 500grams is but that's ok...

So enjoy
<

OMG FRENCH TRUFFLES RECIPE

Chocolate Truffles

Makes about 25 truffles.

150g Dark Chocolate (such as chocolate buttons)
25g butter
25g Icing Sugar
40ml cream
6 plain crumbled wine biscuits
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
25g cocoa

Melt the chocolate. Add the butter and cream. Beat the mixture until it becomes fluid and shiny. Add the icing sugar, crumbled biscuits and vanilla and beat. Leave the mixture to cool and harden it in the refrigerator. Roll the pastry into small balls and then coat with sifted cocoa.

Drool.

I'm not sure if it sounds a bit clumsy - my brother got it in french and he had to translate it. And then he made them and I'm so incredibly addicted. *drools*

Sex in a Pan

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup Pecans, chopped
1 1/2 cups Graham wafer crumbs
8 ounces Cream cheese
4 cups Cool whip, divided, thawed
3 ounces Chocolate instant pudding
3 ounces Vanilla instant pudding
3 cups Milk
1 Unsweetened chocolate square
1 cup Icing sugar

Directions:
Mix well butter, pecans and graham wafer crumbs and pat into 9x13 inch (22x33 cm) pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) till lightly brown, about 20 minutes. Cool completely. Beat together cream cheese, icing sugar and 1 cup (250 ml) of Cool Whip. Spoon onto baked layer. Mix both puddings with milk and beat as per package directions. Let pudding almost thicken and pour over second layer. Put remainder of Cool Whip on top and swirl melted chocolate throughout topping. This freezes well if kept tightly covered. Just cut off what you would like and keep the rest frozen.

Leek and Potato Soup
Rating: Be the first to rate this recipe
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
6 servings

Ingredients

2 oz. unsalted butter
1 Tbsp. oil
6 leeks\cooked, sliced
4 potatoes, sliced
4-1/4 cups chicken stock
1/8 tsp. grated nutmeg
3/4 cup cream
fresh chives (optional), chopped, to garnish

Instructions

Heat butter and oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add leeks and sauté about 10 minutes or until softened. Add potatoes, stock, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly, then transfer to a blender or food processor and purée. If soup is to be served hot, return to saucepan, add cream and just heat through; do not boil. Adjust seasoning if necessary. If serving cold, stir in cream and chill. Garnish with chopped chives, if desired.

Werbung:
Back