• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Favourite Recipes

that soup sounds delish
<
when i find the recipes, i'll post what i cooked for dinner a couple of weeks ago
<

Werbung:
Marbled Chocolate Torte

Cuts into 10 slices
Ready in 1hr 45mins (plus cooling time)
Calories per portion: 440
Total cost: approx £4.25

Ingredients for the cake:
  • 225g/8oz Softened butter/margarine
    225g/8oz caster sugar
    4 medium eggs, beaten
    225g/8oz self-raising flour
    25g/1oz ground almonds
    50g/2oz good-quality plain chocolate, melted
Ingredients for the icing:
  • 175g/6oz icing sugar
    1 and half tbsp cocoa powder
    15g/half oz butter
    redcurrants to decorate, optional
Method:
  • 1. Preheat the oven to 180ºc/350ºF/Gas Mark 4, 10 mins before baking. Lightly oil and base-line a deep-sided 20.5/8in cake tin. Beat the softened btter or margarine with the caster sugar until creamy, then gradually beat in the egg, including a little flour after each addition. When all the egg has been added, stir in the remaining flour and the ground almonds.
    2. Stir the melted chocolate until smooth, then pour into the cake mixture. Stir a large spoon through the mixture just once, then pour into the cake tin.
    3. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until cooked and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven. Allow to cool before removing from the tin and discarding the lining paper.
    4. Sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Place the butter in the well with a tbsp of boiling water. Beat, adding a little more water as necessary, to form a smooth, spreadable icing. Use to ice the cake and leave to set. Decorate with redcurrants, if liked, before serving.

One of my favourites is Hungarian Goulash, especially on a cold night such as this one. There are several variations on the recipe but this is how i make mine.

HUNGARIAN GOULASH WITH BEEF CHUNKS
2 lb. boneless beef chuck
2 c. hot water
2 beef bouillon cubes
1/2 bay leaf
1 clove garlic, minced
3 med. onions, coarsely chopped
1/2 green pepper and half a red, sliced into lengths
2 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. paprika
3 tbsp. melted butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
Can of Tomatoes
Rice
Sour cream

Cut the meat into 1 inch cubes and brown. Add to meat, bouillon cubes dissolved in 2 cups water, bay leaf, garlic, onions and green and red pepper and can of tomatoes. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Or until meat is tender. Combine flour, paprika and melted butter. Stir until smooth. Add some liquid from goulash to make a smooth paste. Add to goulash stirring until well blended. Salt and pepper to taste, add tomato paste. The longer you leave it to simmer the more tender the meat becomes. Put the rice on the boil and once completed and its on your plate add a swirl of sour cream!

Now i am really hungry!

Hope you don't mind Lottie, I merged your goulash with the previous thread.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! I'm hungry too!!!:whistle:

does it taste spicy or anything with the paprika?

Originally posted by Snowbaby@Nov 19 2005, 08:58 PM
Marbled Chocolate Torte

Cuts into 10 slices
Ready in 1hr 45mins (plus cooling time)
Calories per portion: 440
Total cost: approx £4.25

Ingredients for the cake:
  • 225g/8oz Softened butter/margarine
    225g/8oz caster sugar
    4 medium eggs, beaten
    225g/8oz self-raising flour
    25g/1oz ground almonds
    50g/2oz good-quality plain chocolate, melted
Ingredients for the icing:
  • 175g/6oz icing sugar
    1 and half tbsp cocoa powder
    15g/half oz butter
    redcurrants to decorate, optional
Method:
  • 1. Preheat the oven to 180ºc/350ºF/Gas Mark 4, 10 mins before baking. Lightly oil and base-line a deep-sided 20.5/8in cake tin. Beat the softened btter or margarine with the caster sugar until creamy, then gradually beat in the egg, including a little flour after each addition. When all the egg has been added, stir in the remaining flour and the ground almonds.
    2. Stir the melted chocolate until smooth, then pour into the cake mixture. Stir a large spoon through the mixture just once, then pour into the cake tin.
    3. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until cooked and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven. Allow to cool before removing from the tin and discarding the lining paper.
    4. Sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Place the butter in the well with a tbsp of boiling water. Beat, adding a little more water as necessary, to form a smooth, spreadable icing. Use to ice the cake and leave to set. Decorate with redcurrants, if liked, before serving.
Mmm...going to have to try making that for our next BBQ..thanks Snowy :flower4u:

Originally posted by Snowbaby@Mar 20 2006, 10:00 PM
Hope you don't mind Lottie, I merged your goulash with the previous thread.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! I'm hungry too!!!
<

does it taste spicy or anything with the paprika?

Not Spicy as such more sweet...its hard to describe.
<

CARROT CAKE

Ingredients:
1 and half cup raw sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
3 cup grated carrot
2 cups wholemeal self raising flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Method:
Pre-heat the over to 180°C
Grease a 20cm tin, and line the base with greaseprrof paper