• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Favourite Recipes

Snowbaby

It's as it sounds.... a thread for.... ermm.... recipes :lol:

Add yours and lets us try them so we too can share in your culinary delights!!!

(I suspect there may be a MUDCAKE recipe here soon enough, made by a certain "holer of pottyness" :whistle:)

Werbung:
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm mudcake.......I really must try that recipe out soon lol

ok, not so much as a recipe as a handy hint.....

If you love poached eggs as much as I do, you'll know how annoying it is to get all those little bits of egg white floating round the pan. The answer is simple (Oooooooh get me sounding like Delia Smith :p )., line a cup with cling film, break your egg into it and twist the film so it forms a little parcel.....then drop the whole lot into your pan of water

Voila ! perfectly poached eggs without the messy bits :D

PS.....make sure you remove the clingfilm before you eat the egg lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
(I suspect there may be a MUDCAKE recipe here soon enough, made by a certain "holer of pottyness" )[/b]
<
<
<
!!!!!!! Well, I wans't going to but now I really have to!!

MUDCAKE recipe!

The Cake

1 cup of softened butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs (at room temperature if it's not too much trouble)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius. In a LARGE bowl (that bit is important, not a small bowl or a medium sized bowl but a large bowl) beat the butter on high then beat in the sugar. Add the eggs and stir in the vanilla. In a medium bowl, combine the flour and cocoa then fold the mixture into the ingredients that are in the large bowl. Grease a cake tin and put the batter into it. Bake for 25-30mins (or longer depending on when it's completely cooked. I find that it takes about 40mins).

The Icing

1/3 cup cocoa
3 cups icing sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
4-5 T (that means tablespoon for all you uncooks) of milk
Combine the cocoa and sugar. Stir in the butter. Add milk until it reaches a smooth consistency. Allow the cake to cool before icing it.

Enjoy the delicious MUDCAKEness

*drool*

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm mudcake.......I really must try that recipe out soon lol[/b]

Damn straight you do!
<

EDIT: This doesn't really fot in the Diet, Health and Exercise section does it?
<

YEY for MUDCAKE!!!!!!!

EDIT: This doesn't really fot in the Diet, Health and Exercise section does it? :p

Hell yeh it does, u gotta eat MUDCAKE well before carrying out the exercise bit, or what would be the point in exercising :blink: :rolleyes: :lol:
[/b]

Recipe for White Sauce, depending on the consistency you want....

INGREDIENTS:-
THIN SAUCE:.......................MEDIUM SAUCE:.........................THICK SAUCE:
1 Tbsp Butter.......................2 Tbsp Butter..............................3 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Flour.........................2 Tbsp Flour................................3 Tbsp Flour
1/4 Tsp Salt.........................1/2 Tsp Salt................................1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Cup Milk............................1 Cup Milk...................................1 Cup Milk

METHOD:-
Melt the butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat.

When it starts to bubble, add flour and salt and mix to a smooth paste.

Stirring constantly, slowly add milk keeping your smoothness and continue to stir until thickened.

Immediately remove from heat and set aside for use in your recipe.

Originally posted by Snowbaby@Oct 3 2004, 02:37 PM
YEY for MUDCAKE!!!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
EDIT: This doesn't really fot in the Diet, Health and Exercise section does it? :p

Hell yeh it does, u gotta eat MUDCAKE well before carrying out the exercise bit, or what would be the point in exercising :blink: :rolleyes: :lol:
[/b][/quote]
:lol:

Good point! And I commend you on your writing MUDCAKE in capitals!! :D

And oh my gosh, how good would that white sauce go on MUDCAKE!

Lmao, ok, next time I'm going to read the recipe and not just assume that when something says "white" it doesn't actually mean "white chocolate"

:whistle:

:blush:

:lol:

Mediterranean Chicken and Olive Stew

Serves: 4
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: approx 50 mins
Cals per portion: 460

Ingredients:-
30 ml (2tbsp) flour
4 chicken drumsticks
4 chicken thighs
30ml (2tbsp) olive oil
1 onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
30ml (2tbsp) sun-dried tomato paste
8 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and halved
Few fresh thyme sprigs
50g (2oz) black olives
50g (2oz) green olives
Fresh thyme leaves, to garnish

Method:-
1. Season the flour with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place in a polythene bag with the chicken drumsticks and thighs and shake well until the chicken portions are coated with the flour.

2. Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan and fry the chicken portions over a high heat for 8-10 mins until the skin is crisp and golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.

3. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and fry until softened, then stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Gradually stir in 450ml (3/4 pint) water and bring to the boil. Return the chicken portions to the pan and add the sun-dried tomatoes and thyme sprigs.

4. Simmer gently for 35-40 mins until the chicken’s cooed through and the sauce has thickened. Add the olives and season to taste. Cook for a further 5 mins. Serve garnished with fresh thyme leaves.

Choc Brownie Slice

Ingredients:-
200g (7oz) Plain chocolate
200g (7oz) Butter
350g (9oz) Light Muscovado sugar
4 Medium eggs
225g (8oz) Plain flour
5ml (1 tsp) Baking powder

Method:-
1. Preheat over to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4.

2. Place 200g (7oz) plain chocolate and 200g (7oz) Butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.

3. Leave until melted, then remove from heat and stir until smooth.

4. In a large bowl, mix together 350g (9oz) light muscovado sugar and 4 medium eggs.

5. Stir chocolate mixture into the bowl, then sift over 225g (8oz) plain flour and 5ml (1 tsp) baking powder.

6. Beat thoroughly, and pour into a greased and lined 24 x 20cm cake tin.

7. Bake for 45-55mins until firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.

8. Cool in the tin

9. Spread the top with ready-made white frosting (find this in the baking section of local supermarket).

10. Cut into 12 slices.

*zombeh-fied* must try brownie and muscake recipe before school starts.. mmmm *drools*

hmmm whether to post the cresent cakes recipe... hrmmmm ok :D
ok this is one we did for a sabbat celebration hehe we had no egg but found it actually tastes heaps better if you leave it out!! *dun dun duuunnn* very nummy to nibble on and the honey give it natural sweetness :D

"CRESENT CAKES~*
(our recipe!)

You can make these for any sabbats or even esbats if you like!

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter/margerine
2 teaspoons of honey (or more depends how sweet you want it ;))
1 1/4 cup of flour
"splash" of milk*

Add everything into a bowl & knead together *use milk to make it stick together so it isnt dry but slightly sticky. Cook until skewer comes out clean (usually wen its golden brown)
Submitted by AR*Z"

AR*Z is moi :grins:

Potty dear on the MUDCAKE recipe you forgot to say where to put the eggs. probably not really neccesary to say but thought id say so anywho :whistle: must finish and eat ^__________^

Werbung:
Originally posted by arwenpotter@Jan 19 2005, 03:08 AM
Potty dear on the MUDCAKE recipe you forgot to say where to put the eggs. probably not really neccesary to say but thought id say so anywho
<
must finish and eat ^__________^
Jeepers, how could I forget that! Thanks for pointing that one out, arwen
<

*fixes*

Back