• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Contacts or Glasses?

goodselfme

Do you wear contacts or glasses? Are you bothered by either? I wear glasses since they don't make contacts for my vision correction. I would not be able to have something in my eyes all day and sure would not get the contacts if the lens are ever made for my eyesight.

Werbung:
I prefer eye glasses than contact lens.
And I only just wear eye glasses when I am in front of a computer. I use it as my eye protection to the brightness of the monitor. Although I do not have a 20/20 vision, I can still manage to do tasks without the need to wear eye glasses.

While contact lenses look good on people, especially with the fashion lens now available, I still prefer eye glasses. My daughter would repeatedly try to coax me to go lens, but the trouble of cleaning and putting and removing them already makes me dislike lenses.

I am not so much into things that need much preparation and handling. I am ok with glasses, as long as I have at least 3 pcs. in case I left one elsewhere or sat on one. Anyway, I still have clear vision and just need some reading glass when I have to work or read. ^_^

Good thing my eyesight is still fine. If one day I'll be in this situation though, I'll be happy to have both. I can wear glasses any time and not be bothered by it, however I will choose to wear contacts when I'll go to parties or celebrations etc, because my glasses will get in the way of the partying and the overall outfit :p

I have contacts and glasses. I prefer my contacts on a day to day basis, mostly because I like to wear my sunglasses. I do, however, sometimes wear my glasses. I wear my glasses mostly at night or on rainy days.

I wore contacts for most of my high school years, but I went back to glasses shortly after graduation. I agree with Mommyjoyce - the contact lens cleaning and maintaining is too much of a hassle. Trying to find a dropped lens is a nightmare, and then you have to clean it again, of course. Tearing a lens while cleaning it is frustrating, and when you get a speck of dust in your eye when you're wearing contacts... it's torture!

I know they make the disposable lenses now that don't require as much maintenance, but the cost adds up. I'll stick with my glasses!

When I was younger and still working, I used to wear contact lenses but now that I'm not working and can't afford the maintenance of contact lenses, I just wear spectacles. But I do prefer glasses to contact lenses. I once tried to wear contact lenses again and my eyes really cannot take it and I was almost rendered blind. So I just wear glasses now.

I wear glasses occasionally. I only need them for specific activities like long term distance reading or driving at night. If I had to wear them full time, I might consider contacts instead. Until then, I don't mind just having to put them on every so often.

When I was younger and still working, I used to wear contact lenses but now that I'm not working and can't afford the maintenance of contact lenses, I just wear spectacles. But I do prefer glasses to contact lenses. I once tried to wear contact lenses again and my eyes really cannot take it and I was almost rendered blind. So I just wear glasses now.
If that avatar is a picture of you with your glasses, you really look nice in them. I think the eyes change to either accept the contacts or become unable to tolerate them. I wish I had a choice, but know I would choose eye glasses over contacts anyway, so I will stop wishing.

I wore contacts for most of my high school years, but I went back to glasses shortly after graduation. I agree with Mommyjoyce - the contact lens cleaning and maintaining is too much of a hassle. Trying to find a dropped lens is a nightmare, and then you have to clean it again, of course. Tearing a lens while cleaning it is frustrating, and when you get a speck of dust in your eye when you're wearing contacts... it's torture!

I know they make the disposable lenses now that don't require as much maintenance, but the cost adds up. I'll stick with my glasses!
Yes, I hear many people who state the maintenance is a huge expense with contacts. If those steps are not taken the incidence of an infection is great making the up keep almost mandatory and not a choice. I wonder how many vacuum cleaners have swooped up a dropped lens too.

I am lucky where I don't need any kind of eyewear. I have never needed glasses or contacts. I hope I can go a long time without needing them. I have a problem with my eyes focusing, but the doctors said that there is no correction for that unfortunately. I think contacts would really bother me. I can't even stand to watch people put them in their eyes. I would probably lose my glasses too. :)

If that avatar is a picture of you with your glasses, you really look nice in them. I think the eyes change to either accept the contacts or become unable to tolerate them. I wish I had a choice, but know I would choose eye glasses over contacts anyway, so I will stop wishing.
Yes, goodselfme. That's the real me in my avatar with my youngest daughter and thank you for your kind words. I'm not overly bothered about wearing glasses. Only that sometimes it can be quite bothersome when I get up in the morning and I'm practically blind and have to reach for my glasses to be able to see anything. Sometimes I misplaced them and imagine an almost blind person looking for something. Now, I've learned to leave my glasses in the same place every night so I know where to find them when I get up in the morning.

I prefer wearing my glasses over contacts. I've tried wearing contacts in the past and all it did was irritate my eyes. The deal breaker was the one time I fell asleep with the contacts still in and it was very uncomfortable when I woke up. So, I didn't want to deal with it and kept to my glasses.

I still have 20/20 vision according to my last eye checkup, but I do wear color contacts during cosplay. I'm still not used to wearing them though. It takes me at least 15 minutes to put one on my eye, and it hurts like hell as soon as I put it, but then the pain goes away. Anyone know why?

Werbung:
Yes, I hear many people who state the maintenance is a huge expense with contacts. If those steps are not taken the incidence of an infection is great making the up keep almost mandatory and not a choice. I wonder how many vacuum cleaners have swooped up a dropped lens too.

Haha, I probably vacuumed one up at some point, considering how often I dropped them (which of course always happened in the morning when I was trying to get ready for school). I fortunately never got an infection from them, but I was pretty obsessive about keeping them clean.

I suddenly had a flashback of a time a piece of dust got stuck under my lens. Now my eye hurts, lol!

Back