• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Contacts or Glasses?

I am a contact person. I had to wear glasses almost all the way through school, well I was supposed to ;). I hated them so I refused to wear them... which made it hard to read the blackboard. Once my mom got me the contacts I have never gone back. I keep a pair of glasses for when I am at home and my eyes get tired. Most of the time though, it is contacts as soon as I get up until I take them out to sleep.

Werbung:
Yes, goodselfme. That's the real me in my avatar with my youngest daughter and thank you for your kind words. I'm not overly bothered about wearing glasses. Only that sometimes it can be quite bothersome when I get up in the morning and I'm practically blind and have to reach for my glasses to be able to see anything. Sometimes I misplaced them and imagine an almost blind person looking for something. Now, I've learned to leave my glasses in the same place every night so I know where to find them when I get up in the morning.
You are most welcome for the honest words I said about your avatar. I used to lose my eye glasses too and then I did as you did and put them in one or two places so I can easily find them. I only have one pair and some of my friends have encouraged me to get more than one pair. The cost is not something I can afford, so I have only one pair.

I am lucky where I don't need any kind of eyewear. I have never needed glasses or contacts. I hope I can go a long time without needing them. I have a problem with my eyes focusing, but the doctors said that there is no correction for that unfortunately. I think contacts would really bother me. I can't even stand to watch people put them in their eyes. I would probably lose my glasses too. :)
Keep doing what you are so you don't have to wear glasses. If the time comes that you do need them, you will probably accept that fact since they will be a good addition to your health choices. I have not been able to wear the contacts because of the prescription of my corrective lens needed for me.

I prefer wearing my glasses over contacts. I've tried wearing contacts in the past and all it did was irritate my eyes. The deal breaker was the one time I fell asleep with the contacts still in and it was very uncomfortable when I woke up. So, I didn't want to deal with it and kept to my glasses.
I think it is recommended to remove the contacts before going to sleep, but I am thinking it has been done more than once for others. It might be really easy to forget to take them out unless you make it a point to do that just as brushing the teeth is for hygiene. At least you are content with eye glasses.

I wear both. Glasses for work, as working at a computer all day dries my eyes out. For everything else I pop my contacts in.

Just for reference -there ARE contact lenses that you can wear continuously for 30 days and nights. This is so because they contain a lot more oxygen than other types of lenses, therefore your eye can 'breathe' in them. As a contact lens wearer myself, I would NOT recommend trying to sleep in contact lenses at all - unless they are specifically for continuous wear. You can damage your eyes considerably.

I wear glasses, for 2 main reasons. 1 is that last time I checked contacts for my prescription were expensive as all get out & 2 because Hubby says I look better with glasses than without. Plus I don't think I could stand to put something in my eye ever! I can't even do eye drops, my daughter has to help me with them because I can't do it.

You are most welcome for the honest words I said about your avatar. I used to lose my eye glasses too and then I did as you did and put them in one or two places so I can easily find them. I only have one pair and some of my friends have encouraged me to get more than one pair. The cost is not something I can afford, so I have only one pair.
I have two pairs and that is because there was a sale at the spectacles shop so I purchased a new pair just in case the present one I'm wearing got misplaced. It's actually not a good idea to have a spare pair of spectacles.

In fact, it's a waste of money because your eyes might get worse or better and if you had bought two pairs and only wear one consistently then the other one might not ever be used and your eyes might just get worse and you need to replace your glasses anyway. So I think having one pair is quite sufficient.

I wear both. Glasses for work, as working at a computer all day dries my eyes out. For everything else I pop my contacts in.

Just for reference -there ARE contact lenses that you can wear continuously for 30 days and nights. This is so because they contain a lot more oxygen than other types of lenses, therefore your eye can 'breathe' in them. As a contact lens wearer myself, I would NOT recommend trying to sleep in contact lenses at all - unless they are specifically for continuous wear. You can damage your eyes considerably.
Thank you for your wisdom with contacts as you mentioned. I will pass this information on to my friend who does that sleeping with them in her eyes. I don't know if hers are the kind she can or cannot sleep with so will let her know what you suggest.

I have two pairs and that is because there was a sale at the spectacles shop so I purchased a new pair just in case the present one I'm wearing got misplaced. It's actually not a good idea to have a spare pair of spectacles.

In fact, it's a waste of money because your eyes might get worse or better and if you had bought two pairs and only wear one consistently then the other one might not ever be used and your eyes might just get worse and you need to replace your glasses anyway. So I think having one pair is quite sufficient.
Yes, I can see the merit in your ideas here. I don't often wear my glasses except when I am reading on the computer, so another pair would be too costly for me with that kind of use. If I got a second pair at half off I would think about it and if it were 2 for the price of one I would jump at the opportunity to get such a deal. Meanwhile I just stick with 1 pair. Thank you for bringing such a wise point to my attention.

I used to wear contacts and I recently got switched to contacts. I don't like the look of glasses as well, but they're definitely easier to deal with in the mornings. I hated having to clean my glasses throughout the day though. They seemed to never stay clean!

I used to wear contacts and I recently got switched to contacts. I don't like the look of glasses as well, but they're definitely easier to deal with in the mornings. I hated having to clean my glasses throughout the day though. They seemed to never stay clean!
I would think the contacts are more work than glasses. I clean my glasses once a week, but I keep them in a case and handle them by the frames only. The cost of the contacts and the maintenance stuff is too expensive I think. Of course I can't use contacts, but I know many friends who talk about the cost being so high.

I would think the contacts are more work than glasses. I clean my glasses once a week, but I keep them in a case and handle them by the frames only. The cost of the contacts and the maintenance stuff is too expensive I think. Of course I can't use contacts, but I know many friends who talk about the cost being so high.
Yes, I agree with you, goodselfme. The cost of maintaining contact lenses is very high. And I think it's far easier cleaning a pair of glasses than cleaning a pair of contact lenses.

I remember when I used to wear contact lenses, I had to use protein tablets to thoroughly clean my lenses at least once a week and every day I need to keep my lenses in saline solution so that they don't become dry. It's really high maintenance.

Glasses are low maintenance but it's true that they do get dirty very fast and you need to use a soft fabric to clean it otherwise you might scratch the glass. How I wish someone would invent glasses that don't need to be cleaned and that don't scratch.

I prefer glasses. Maybe because I never tried contacts or the fact that when my sister did have contacts but then they rolled to the back of her eye so she had to go to hospital. (she fell asleep with them, her own fault.) So yeah, I was just scared to death of them afterwards... Anyways, go glasses, I think they give me this intellectual look. And I kind of like the whole, hi honey, let me throw off my glasses for that sex appeal. ^.^;; Yeah lol

Both. I love my contacts for the ease. I also like to wear my glasse some days when my eyes feel tired or puffy. I would love to get laser eye correction, but it is not within my price range at this time.

Werbung:
I would love laser eye correction, but it's expensive and maybe risky. I've heard that you can lose your night vision if you do LASIK, which totally freaks me out. At the moment I usually wear glasses, just because they're stylish and its easier to do work at a computer while wearing them. But, I like to think my best feature is my eyes, so contacts are in order for a night out or when I want to make a good impression.

Thank goodness we don't have to rely on hideous coke-bottle lenses or spectacles anymore. What do you ladies like to wear?

Back