• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

what is the rush to marry?

*angel*eyes*

after three years of being together, and a beautiful 11mo old son, my fiancee and i are about to tie the knot in january. which is exciting and stressful all in one.

since we've really gotten serious about planning, it seems like EVERYONE i know is getting engaged and rushing to the alter. my fiancee's sister gave her bf an ultimadum to propose to her.

like i said, i am getting married january. and besides that, im in FIVE other weddings this next year, atleast! im very honored to be apart of some close friends special days, but i've only recently been asked for these weddings the last TWO weeks.

im really worried that some of these girlfriends are rushing but i dont know why. on top of this, i've given a ton of pregnancy test to my teenage friends because they said i made it look "glamerous", yes. my friend "A" said that.

i just don't want my friends to get hurt if their engagements break off. why does everyone wanna get married???​

Werbung:
Well, it could be as simple as wanting the same type of happiness for themselves that they see that you have with your fiance. It could also have nothing to do with you. It could just be time for them to get married.

Wow that is a lot of weddings to be a part of. I really hope your friends appreciate you as being in a wedding is a big commitment.
Congrats to you and your family as you begin your new life together. :)

I have been with my fiancee for 10 years before he proposed to me. I wanted to marry him since day one but I am glad that we did not rush into anything.

I know that sometimes it works out okay, but I think folks would do better if they were a little more patient and prepared.

It is not something to be rushed into and it is not about the big day, it is about the life you will have together. I think people know when they are ready to marry, some people take less time to be sure than others.

Getting married is a very big decision and not one to be taken lightly. Personally I think that marriage should come before children and that the couple should have time to settle down and enjoy life together before thinking about children. Of course some people don't do it that way round and they still make it work well, but I think it must be very hard that way.

My hubby and I dated for 3 years prior to getting married and then we waited a bit to have kids. I am happy we waited, it was worth it.

My husband and I were together for a year before we married. We were both absolutely sure about marriage and we were old enough to know what we were doing. We waited three years before having children, my kids are my life but I am glad we waited a bit before having them.

4 months for me :D

met in March, married in July... seems to be lasting so far.. we didn't have a fancy wedding, and i think these days there is far too much emphasis on big events with thousands spent on dresses etc... people forget to be happy in all the fuss..

We didn't have a fancy wedding either Stav, I have never regretted it. We were happy and it was about us and our marriage has stood the test of time.

Your wedding should be what you want it to be, simple or fancy. So many people plan their wedding for what others expect it to be.

That is so true NatureElf. You only have one chance to have the wedding that you want (unless things go horribly wrong) so don't let other people push you into doing it their way. Just remember that it is the life you build together that matters in the long run, not just your wedding day, so be sure about what you are doing and don't put yourself into a lot of debt for the wedding because that will put an extra burden on your marriage.

Werbung:
Back