• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

what is the rush to marry?

I am not sure as well. It probably has to do with our craving for a "happily ever after". We are somehow, hooked up with the idea of being within the context of family through marriage and be able to make this one work out while the other are failing on it. :p

Werbung:
People just love to follow trends, if someone jumps of a bridge everyone else finds a reason to justify it. The custom to get married early in life is only from some countries, women from Asian countries don't get married well after their 30's. Most of them are still virgins by that age, education is more important accomplishment for them.

after three years of being together, and a beautiful 11mo old son, my fiancee and i are about to tie the knot in january. which is exciting and stressful all in one.​

since we've really gotten serious about planning, it seems like EVERYONE i know is getting engaged and rushing to the alter. my fiancee's sister gave her bf an ultimadum to propose to her.​

i just don't want my friends to get hurt if their engagements break off. why does everyone wanna get married???​

You gotta be sure about these things. And, it sounds like you are sure that he's the right one. You've been together for three years now and even have a baby. It doesn't get more sure than that. Most of your friends are just jumping into the pool fast cause they see you do it and want to be part of that excitement. Sometimes, people copy each other when they want to be the center of attention. But, after the 'joyous occasion' comes the hard job of living with another person and making it work out. Hope the guys in the other half of these equations know what they are getting into.

I agree, you have to be sure and it's not something to rush in to. Marriage loses it's value if you rush into it, not knowing what to expect.
Me and my boyfriend have been together for nearly 8 years now. We know each other well, and we have been living together for 2 years now. Before that we would see each other pretty much every day as well (living part-time at my parents house or his parents house). We have been together a lot of the time ever since day one. Our parents thought it wouldn't last, because we were seeing each other so often. But instead, we just like each others company a lot. We don't do everything and anything together, but it's nice to have each other around the house. We are hoping to get married one day, but we aren't planning anything just yet. We are both finishing our education first and then we'll see what the next step will be.

Werbung:
We are hoping to get married one day, but we aren't planning anything just yet. We are both finishing our education first and then we'll see what the next step will be.

It's good that you are taking it slow and getting to know each other. After marriage is not the right time to get to know your partner, cause you are fully committed by then. Dating and living together is all about getting to know the other person for who they really are, not the pretense usually put on during dating (as in going out on a date). When you live with someone, they can't hide their true self. If they are good then you know it. If they are moody, you know that too. You learn someone's true heart.

Back