1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

What if you won a million dollars?

Discussion in 'Fun Time' started by Cecille, Oct 7, 2011.

1. d_gabrielle

d_gabrielle Member

I'd pay off my debts, pay off my mom's debts, move to a major city (right now I'm working on Chicago), live off of some of it and put the rest in a high interest savings account to continue living on. :)

2. MakingCents

MakingCents Member

In this order this is what I would do:
    • pay off my debts
    • pay of my families debts
    • start the charity that I want to start
    • invest the rest.

3. SheWolfSilver

SheWolfSilver New Member

I would buy a ranch some place warm. I hate the cold! Then I would take my whole family (grand kids and all to Disney World) I would also love to go on cruise and maybe travel around the country in a RV. Then donate to the ASPCA or some other charity that helps animals.

4. Thumballina

Thumballina New Member

Hmmm let's see, I would...
    -Buy my parents a nice home
    -pay off my boyfriend's credit card debt
    -go on vacation
    -invest some of it in to my business

5. mscuban

mscuban Member

It would actually save my current financial situation and I would use as follows.

• $100,000.00 to my daughter for starting a bank account for my new grandson (New priority)
    • Look up my credit report and pay out all outstanding debt that is in collection
    • Purchase a solid vehicle to regain my freedom (I had to sell the last piece of junk I loved)
    • Invest approximately $50,000.00 into a bank account for myself
    • Donate $1,000.00 to The Nature Conservancy
    • Donate $1,000.00 to The Humane Society
    The rest would be used towards cost of living expenses.

6. claudine

claudine Member

If I won a million dollars I'd instantly move to Venice, my dream city. I'd buy a little house on a little island with a very little garden for my roses. I'd be surrounded by the sea! Thinking about this puts me in such a dreamy mood:) . I miss Venice so much! This is my favourite place:D .

7. Parker

Parker Member

If I won a million dollars be on cloud nine. I would pay off my mom's mortgage. I would buy myself a townhouse where I live. I would also buy a condo in San Francisco. I love San Francisco and would love to retire there. I would buy a car and a brand new wardrobe. Tithe 10% to my church. Start a scholarship fund at my high school alma mater and a couple of charities.

8. dconklin

dconklin Member

If I won a million dollars, I would do a few things with it.

First I would buy an inexpensive but in good shape house
    Second I would buy a decent car
    Third I would start a savings account for my daughters
    Fourth I would start an interest savings account for us too

9. dashboardc33

dashboardc33 Member

I would buy a whole lot of land and a nice house. My dream house is to have a house with a land of land so my dog can run around and kids can play. It would be cool to make ATV and dirt bike tracks all around the house. Someday, I hope this dream will come true but for now, I know I need to keep dreaming. :)

10. jenb128

jenb128 Member

First, I'd pay off my debt as well as the debt of family and a few close friends. Then, I'd get the house fixed up. After that, I'd invest some of the money, and relax and focus on my education for awhile so I could get myself a good-paying job. Nowadays, it doesn't take much for a million dollars to run out!

11. Livvi

Livvi Member

I wouldn't even know where to start - seriously! I would definitely put some away for my kid's future and then I would buy a house.

12. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I would first pay off my student loans then I would pay off my mom's mortgage. At that point I would put half of the rest away into stocks and savings then the rest I would use to get an apartment in New York City.

13. jumpybouncy

jumpybouncy New Member

I would go to college and pay tuition in full!

14. mylyric

mylyric New Member

I would most definitely buy a house of a nice size. In today's society, 1 million dollars is a lot, but not as much as it was worth many years ago. With that being said, I would continue to work and invest so I could build wealth.

15. luvi2425

luvi2425 New Member

• build a new house
    • buy a car
    • bring my mother and family to New Zealand
    • invest on agricultural lands