• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

The Worst Name

My cousin named her poor baby 'Diamond'. I'll never forgive her, her poor daughter :/

Poor thing! That reminds me of that movie, 'Where the heart is' with Natalie Portman where she names her daughter Americus. I think that was the name. I would have no problem naming my kid America as in America Ferrerra. But, what the heck is Americus? Is that a place? I think I rode through that town one time. A really small place.

Though I think it would produce a really pretty nickname as in Ameri (pronounced Amarie).

Werbung:
Didn't Gweneth Paltrow name her baby Apple. A fruit? SERIOUSLY! I like names that are suitable as children and as an elder.

There are many, many horrible names out there! Some are common names that are misspelled to make them "unique". For instance: Chloe & Kloee. Other examples could be: Madison & Maddysenn; Olivia & Alyveah. The list goes on and on forever.

One name that I CANNOT stand for whatever reason is...Teegan, for a girl. It's just so icky.

It sounds like you start saying America and kinda sneeze at the end haha. Ameri sounds cute infact :D

Achoo! And, bless you! Don't you just love celebrity names. Jason Lee (former star of My name is Earl) named his son Pilot Inspektor. He said that he came up with the weird name after listening to the song "He's Simple, He's Dumb, He's the Pilot" by the indie rock band Grandaddy. And, I'm like, 'Honestly?' Well at least he has an actual excuse.

I thought the name was odd till I saw the baby and i swear it's like Jason Lee cloned himself, except the baby has white blond hair like his mother. Except for the beard, the baby looks just like him.

Anyway, they say babies always resemble the guy for the first couple years, sort of like nature's way of reassuring the guy he's the dad even before they had paternity tests.

I've heard of a girl named Achzava, which means in Hebrew 'Disappointment'. Apparently her parents wanted a boy but got a daughter instead.. That must be terrible! But I don't know if it's true.

As I am reading through the web, one of the strangest names I saw was Dick Assman.
Could you believe a person was named like that?
By the way, it indicated there that his last name is pronounced as "Uzman".:p

I have not encountered so ugly names yet but i do not like too long names. Like it was so hard to memorize it anymore and the kid would suffer writing it on test papers. :D

My friend had a baby boy on christmas day...his name is Ollie which I think is a great name but his middle name leaves alot to be desired - Buster! His brother goes to kindy with a kid named Buster! I just don't get how you could name a kid something like that.

Tallula does the Hula in Hawaii because the courts actually stepped in and granted the 9 year old a name change.
I hate parents who do this to their kids. Living in this world is hard enough without the added misfortune of having a silly name.
I've heard of a girl named Achzava, which means in Hebrew 'Disappointment'. Apparently her parents wanted a boy but got a daughter instead.. That must be terrible! But I don't know if it's true.
If it's true, that's so sad. She just came into the world and her parents already willingly burdened her with a preventable disadvantage.
Not mention it's obvious that they'll mistreat her. :( Daughters are just as good as sons.
I don't understand how some people can treat their flesh and blood so differently because of gender.

Tallula does the Hula in Hawaii because the courts actually stepped in and granted the 9 year old a name change.
I hate parents who do this to their kids. Living in this world is hard enough without the added misfortune of having a silly name.

If it's true, that's so sad. She just came into the world and her parents already willingly burdened her with a preventable disadvantage.
Not mention it's obvious that they'll mistreat her. :( Daughters are just as good as sons.
I don't understand how some people can treat their flesh and blood so differently because of gender.

You are right, it is not imaginable yet it was happening.
It was already a modern age but still there are discrimination for women all over the world. The worst thing on that story is that, her own parents did it to her.:mad:

As I am reading through the web, one of the strangest names I saw was Dick Assman.
Could you believe a person was named like that?
By the way, it indicated there that his last name is pronounced as "Uzman".:p
Dick and Assman simultaneously? OMG! Poor guyyy...

Dick and Assman simultaneously? OMG! Poor guyyy...

Yes! LOL! And the man named like that really exists.
But I believe "Dick" is really a name right? And if you pronounced his last name correctly as "Uzman" then it isn't bad as it seems anymore. :)

Werbung:
Like most of you mentioned, I hate names with complicated spellings. I know people who names their children Schayanah, Myeisha and Alecxa. Seriously, how do you pronounce that? :confused: I also have a friend who named her son Chaos. She said she wanted her son's name to be unique. When I asked her how she will explain this to her son, she said she already prepared a script. She explained that Chaos was a Greek god and that she will tell her son that he's the CHAOS that brought peace back to her life.

Back