• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

The most embarassing moment of your life?

goodness.. when i was at school i was the only left hander in a campus of over 1000... now there are three of us on one thread!

Werbung:
My dad was also made to write with his right hand. He said they used to tie his left hand down so he could not use it. Now he can write just as well with both hands!

Stav according to research about 10% of the population are left handed but according to Chris McManus of University College London the proportion of left handers is increasing. I suspect the number was so low at your school because the pupils were forced to use their right hand.

My most embarrassing moment that I can remember happened when I was breast-feeding. My youngest had just started sleeping for longer periods of time & my body wasn't quite used to it yet. But I just had to take advantage of it one day & go to the store. Well as I was waiting to checkout, I heard a baby cry. Not even mine, but if you ladies ever breast-fed, I'm sure you can guess what happened next! My breasts started leaking & soaked my shirt! I was so embarrassed at having a wet shirt like that, I almost left the store. If it wasn't for needing the items I had came to get, I probably would have.

Phoenyxstarr, that has happened to me too. I went back to work but continued to breast feed (it can be done!) and I had several embarrassing moments of that sort.

That can be very embarrassing Poenyxstarr, but people understand, it happens to most people who breast feed at one time or another.

Stav according to research about 10% of the population are left handed but according to Chris McManus of University College London the proportion of left handers is increasing. I suspect the number was so low at your school because the pupils were forced to use their right hand.

well the forcing (hand tied down, smacks with the ruler etc) were mostly in primary school.. but yes, as i got older more left handers appeared..

in my office on the same floor there are two other lefties...

It's really weird to think about whether you are right or left handed should matter. It has to be uprbringing though in that right handed seems normal. I have to admit that I do notice when someone is left handed. It doesn't matter to me, but it is something I notice.

Phoenyxstarr, I had the same thing happen to me at the store and while teaching a Tae Kwon Do class! At the martial arts school, it leaked through my uniform, I was pretty embarrassed!

well the forcing (hand tied down, smacks with the ruler etc) were mostly in primary school.. but yes, as i got older more left handers appeared..

in my office on the same floor there are two other lefties...

When my daughter was at primary school they worked in ability groups, she was in the top set, 5 out of 6 in her set were lefties, 8 out of the class of 29 were lefties (a lot more than 10%). She told me recently that when she was at university lefties significantly outnumbered right handers in her seminar group. She is convinced that being left handed is a very good thing!

If there a genetic link to being left handed? That could explain why it may be more common in some places than others.

I have one in mind but I'm already red all over with this memory. I don't want to share it as it is extremely embarrassing for me. LOL. There are just days I wish life had a delete button or CTRL+ALT+DEL button. If not a backspace. =.= There are embarrassing but funny moments in my life due to being Ms. Clumsy and Ms. Imperfect but there are just some moments you just want to be swallowed by the Earth whole. :D

ahh come on Doll.. you can tell us... we won't tell anyone else... promise......

justontime.. of course being leftie is a good thing... all the smartest and most creative people are lefties.... :) Being left handed means the right side of the brain is dominant.. which is the creative side...

My most embarrassing moment hmmm....

I was 6 months pregnant with my second baby, I had been throwing up all day long but I think it was due to food poisoning and not pregnancy issues. I thought it was over so me and my then husband went grocery shopping. While there I tried some samples of some meat they had for tacos, I had not eaten all day! About 5 minutes later all of a sudden I felt I was going to throw up so I had to duck in the candy aisle to get it over with. There was no one there but I was very embarrassed when I had to go tell the cashier to please send someone to clean up LOL.

Werbung:
ohhh Phoenyxstarr that brought back the embarrassing memories of breast feeding lol
I think my little one had to be my embarassing moment while on a bus...It was a very full bus and we had to stand...his mind wasnt where I would have wanted it to be as he blurted out
"mummy when im as big as daddy will my willy be as big as his"
I was horrified and tried to ignore it, but that made it worse as he repeated it, I really could have crawled under the nearest seat lol

Back