• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Old Cosmetics

Orrymain

Just a reminder to anyone not aware, but cosmetics can become dangerous when they get older. There's some nasty bacteria that can develop.

Werbung:
I use them until they are used up and I have had now ill effects. I think these scare stories are mostly a means to make us spend more money. I just use my common sense with make up as with everything else, if it didn't smell right or if it didn't look right I wouldn't use it regardless of 'use by' date

I honestly never thought about it until I read some stories and saw a warning about it on the news after something happened. It makes perfect sense, though.

They can find reasons not to do almost anything these days. I have enough common sense to keep myself safe and I have come to no harm using old male up so far so I will stick with it. However I never use out of date sun block, I do not take risks with sun protection.

If they look weird or smell funny then you need to toss them. Or if they start to separate then you should toss them as well.

If they look weird or smell funny then you need to toss them. Or if they start to separate then you should toss them as well.
Yes, that is just common sense, but I think I agree with Kernow on this one, if it hasn't killed me yet I will probably be OK. I also agree about the sun block, I wouldn't take risks with that.

The thing is that with things like this, it might be the cumulative build up that is the problem. Is your life really worth using old foundation?

Tend to agree with Orrymain on this one. Not that I use much makeup really, but things like eyemakeup that can pick up bacteria, could easily cause an eye infection.. Not worththe risk.

As a contact lens wearer I am very careful about taking care of my eyes. If mascara has an odd smell or doesn't look right I wouldn't use it. but I can honestly say that I have never ever looked at or taken notice of a use by date on make up.

I only use mineral makeup, so it is very natural and plain. I am always very careful not to get the powders wet. I do change my mascara often though.

I change my mascara every 4 months or so. It is a very natural mascara, so I want to be sure not to keep it too long as the preservatives are not as strong as regular mascaras.

The thing is that with things like this, it might be the cumulative build up that is the problem. Is your life really worth using old foundation?
I have never used foundation in my life! However my mum adores make up she wears it all day every day and has done all her adult life. Most of that time make up didn't have use by dates and I bet if I asked her she would be totally unaware that it does now. She has never had any problems and neither has anyone else I know. I think we can get a bit over the top about safety sometimes.

Werbung:
Just a reminder to anyone not aware, but cosmetics can become dangerous when they get older. There's some nasty bacteria that can develop.

Thanks for this. I have a 3 year old Clinique eye shadow set in my drawer. I hadn't used all of the shades in my pallet but I know I have to let it go. Oh boy!:oops:

Back