• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Jeans - How Old Is Too Old?

I don't think there is an age where it is too old to wear jeans. I see plenty of old women wearing jeans and they look great in them. I also don't think you are destined to wear "mom jeans" when you get past your 40's either. As long as you are comfortable, wearing fashionable jeans will keep you looking young!

Werbung:
I will probably be wearing jeans until I am put into a nursing home (of course many years to go) and the staff there tells me I can't anymore. I wear jeans almost every time I leave the house. I like the look and they are quite comfortable. Besides, I need pockets in my pants or else I am not happy.

I don't think you could ever get too old for jeans. It's the ultimate casual wear and I'm always seeing the elderly sporting it. There was a point when I didn't like wearing jeans (went on for a few years) but I've since learned to love them. They are very comfortable, especially if they are the older pairs. I'm going to continue wearing my jeans and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

How old is too old to wear jeans? Is there a cutoff age? And when we get older, like 40's 50's are we destined for mom jeans?

You made me smile :) My mom just turned 50 this year, and I make SURE that she doesn't buy "mom" jeans. She of course prefers a higher rise, but the jeans themself are cute and stylish!

You are never too old to wear jeans. I see woman of all ages wearing jeans and I don't see anything wrong with anyone wearing jeans. It is just another pair of pants. As long as your jeans fit nice and are comfortable you can keep on wearing jeans until you die.

I agree with all the previous posters you're never too old to wear jeans! Although "mom jeans' don't look good on anyone. I think some women in their forties and older can actually still pull of skinny jeans. After all Jennifer Anniston and Halle Berry have great figures and look stunning in them. Choosing the right jeans is simply a matter of your shape and proportion. There are also in my opinion plenty of young girls who don't look their best in skinny jeans and suit a different style e.g bootcut, straight leg, flair

I don't think there's a cutoff age for wearing jeans. Jeans are not specifically only for the young. If an elderly person is still able to get into her jeans, there's no reason why she shouldn't continue wearing what she's comfortable in. The key here is comfort. If you're not comfortable wearing an outfit, it will show. Wear what you're comfortable with.

I don't think there's a certain time frame until you have to dispose of your jeans. I only think that it's time to put it out when it's all dirty (and the washer can't take it off), pretty much broken on some places (tattered and torn on the ends where your shoes keep stepping on them) and the like.

I usually don't wear pants, but I have one pair of jeans that I really like. I have them since grade school, so now they're 13 years old! They don't look the same though: they were very long, now they are really short and in a lighter shade of blue. Strange thing is, they still fit me. I'll wear them forever.

You know, I've never understood the whole "OMG, those are mom jeans!" thing. To me, jeans are jeans. I'm sure some of my jeans would be considered "mom jeans," because I really don't see the difference. I never tuck my shirts into my jeans, though.

Back to the question about an age limit for jeans - there is none. If people are comfortable in jeans and want to wear them into their 100s, that's fine!

I agree that there is no age limit for wearing jeans, but I don't think it looks cute when women 45+ try to wear those super low rise jeans. It just looks weird.

Werbung:
If there is a age that is too old for jeans it will not pertain to me. I will be wearing my jeans until I am old and gray. I am already gray and still wearing my jeans. I think they make a fashion statement and I love them.

Back