• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Jeans - How Old Is Too Old?

PamBeacher

How old is too old to wear jeans? Is there a cutoff age? And when we get older, like 40's 50's are we destined for mom jeans?

Werbung:
I don't really care; people should wear whatever they feel comfortable in. In my opinion there is no such things as too old, too fat, too skinny, too short, too long, etc. People, especially us woman, are so preoccupied with what other people think of us. Should we wear this or that, or not? What matters is that you like how you look in a certain type of clothing, and that it feels comfortable. Jeans are also a kind of clothing that are very general, and there are so many different fits and styles, that I guess jeans are for all ages and body types no matter how you look at it.

I don't think I will ever stop wearing jeans. Maybe the style will change but the material won't. Jean's are universal even with age. I don't know why older women stop wearing them unless they get to hard to put on. I have notice more older women wearing the elastic waist jeans though.

There's an age limit on jeans???? Seriously? Don't tell my mom though; she just turned 50 & she's still buying & wearing skinny jeans. Of course, she can pull them off.

I think jeans are ageless, even my grandma was still wearing jeans into her 60s. Not the same style as my mom obviously, but they were still jeans.

Pfft, no way. I mean, skinny jeans obviously have their boundaries but jeans never do. Jeans are the Pagani Zondas of all pants!

Yeah I agree with PhoenyxStarr. I believe there is no age limit when it comes to wearing jeans. Even oldies can wear them skinny or straight cut, as long as they feel great and comfortable with them. There is a right design for different ages though. And I think oldies must stick to plain and more elegant prints, I think it's more appropriate for their age.

I also do not think that there there should be an age limit for jeans. Maybe as long as you want to wear jeans and as long as it is comfortable with you, it was just okay. Although there are times that jeans could not fit your needs like if a woman is pregnant. Overall, it was just a matter of choice.

Actually zararina, there are maternity jeans for pregnant women. I had a pair & wore them out because I wore them so much while pregnant. They lasted 2 pregnancies though, so I suppose that's a good life for them. LOL By the time I gave birth though, it was either the single pair of maternity jeans I had or my husband's coveralls, which were too long & looked absolutely awful on me.

I guess anyone can wear whatever style of jeans they like until they are in their 80's if they like. It would look pretty ridiculous for a grandma to be wearing skinny jeans but hey it's your body lol. If you have a great body then go for it, if you don't then I hope you know that and don't try to fit into something that's not for you.

You can wear jeans as long as you like.. just as long as you choose a flattering cut. However, jeans are usually uncomfortable for seniors which is why that opt for more elastic sweatpant type pants.

I don't think there's an age limit. People should wear whatever it is that they feel comfortable wearing no matter how old they are. Belligerent stated a good point. We should choose flattering cuts.

Jeans are timeless. I never wore jeans when I was younger. I didn't even wear them in college. I bought my first pair a few years ago. I missed out on years of comfort. I look forward to wearing jeans well into my senior years, but not the mom jean kind.

Even my mom who is 101 has a pair of jeans and she looks great in them. When I was in high school, girls weren't even allowed to wear any kind of pants to school. Times have really changed. Since I didn't grow up wearing jeans to every occasion, it's really hard to get used to seeing jeans everywhere; at church, theaters, even the last wedding shower that I went to. As you age, you have to be flexible. What seems inappropriate to my generation seems perfectly acceptable to the younger folk. I believe there is a fine line between staying stylish and dressing age appropriately. Even so, I believe jeans can look good and make sense at any age. I just won't ever wear them for formal occasions.

I don't think I'll ever stop wearing jeans either. They're the comfiest thing I have, can still look good, etc. I know a lot of women end up moving into "mom jeans" when they get a bit older and eventually into stretch pants and sweat pants instead. And hey, cloth/spandex pants are definitely easier to get on and off, and are comfier to sit in, so I can't blame them. I think if they want to wear jeans, though, then more power to 'em.

Werbung:
there are plenty of age appropriarte fashionable jeans!! Women need to love their bodies!! Mom jeans are a nightmare!! Stick with low riders and a longer shirt!

Back