• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Food Allergies

Chantilly

So does anyone here have any food allergies? If so, to what, and does it affect your life a lot?

I might have developed an allergy to gluten which is an enzyme found in wheat, rye and barley. So that pretty much means if I am, I can cut out bread, normal cereal, tortillas, etc.

I'm not sure if I do yet, I'm going completely gluten-free this week just to see how I feel, and it's day 2 and so far I have noticed a difference.

I will miss normal bread.
<

Anyone want to share their experiences?
<

Werbung:
A few foods affect my IBS, but mostly anything fried.

Orange squash gives me a sore throat for some wierd reason!!

That sucks a LOT Chantilly!

Heh, I found out I've got IBS too, Snowy. Chocolate is the main fiend for me, high cocoa content gives intense belly pain, low content makes me feel hungover. Still trying to work out the other things making me ill though....like you, Snowy, probably fried stuff.

Well I only have one and it's a bit weird.

Im allergic to Burger Rings ( a kind of chip )

They make my throat close up and cause me to, well .... die LOL

Unfortunately I really like them and they are my fiances fave so when he eats them I just sit there and give him filthy looks.
<

Every now and then I have problems with Lactose. And I'm allergic to black tea. If I drink a little bit, I get stomach cramps for about 3 hours. If I have a whole cup, I get them for about 2 or 3 days, depending on how strong it is.

I use to drink some of my dads black tea just to get out of going to school
<

i dont know if i am allergic to something but i cant eat wagon wheels as they give me a really really bad stomach and there is a few other things that i forget then eat them and get ill again

haha, an update on my allergy... it turns out it's not gluten, but apples. I can't remember how I figured it out, but since I cut them out my stomach has felt much much better. :p

What symptoms do you get when you do eat apples? I haven't been able to eat the skins on apples since I fell pregnant!

Really bad stomach cramps, plus kind of a gurgling sound/feeling that feels like it's coming from my intestine. Charming, I know. :p

Besides the apple skins, how is the pregnancy coming along? :wub:

Same symptoms here, just kinda like really bad indigestion.

I'm doing fabulous... I'm off to post an update in the preggo forum :)

i dont have any food alegies but a near and dear friend that died this past month had a servier peanut allergy and had to cut out everything that was like chocolate but could eat hershey's normal sized chocolate bars and had to check EVERY lable on EVERYTHING food realated item so he could stay safe but somebody that secretly held a gruge against him put a peanut in a bag of chips and if he even was to get a milogram of any kinda nut oil he would go into shock and suficate he took so long at stores and had to wear a lable thing on a dogtag looking thing that said "SERVIERLY ALLERGICTO ALL TYPES OF NUTS" i miis him *sigh*

Every thing food related item so he could stay safe but somebody that secretly held a gruge against him put a peanut in a bag of chips and if he even was to get a kilogram of any kinda nut oil he would go into shock and so many things which we have to take in food allergies.

Werbung:
It happened to me once.
But it was awful.
I thought i was going to die because i had a tic then.
Never want it to happen again!

Back