• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Facebook junkies....

classy_ally

I am just really starting to use Facebook. I'm usually on there to play games and to keep up with family. But I noticed one particular friend of mine updates her status like every 30 minutes. I browse through my updates and she is in there like 50 times! Is this normal?

Are you a Facebook junkie?

Werbung:
I'm definitely not a Facebook junkie. I had Facebook for two years and I think I've only updated my status twice. My sister is definitely a Facebook junkie as she is one it 10 plus hours out of the day:eek:

Unfortunately, it is "normal" in the sense that some people do it and everyone around them accepts and expects it. I do -not- encourage you to follow suit, though. I hate when people update that frequently, especially if they aren't providing anything of use. Like....if she were posting news articles, PSAs, or even funny pictures, it might not be so bad, but if all she's doing is talking about what she's eating, where she's going, etc, I'm sure it'd get rather obnoxious.

My Facebook

I do enjoy facebook, as it keeps me in touch with close friends and family in a way that was not possible before. I have some friends that post status updates quite often throughout the day. I feel kinda bad for doing this, but I chose to hide their updates, as it was cluttering my newsfeed and I was missing updates I wanted to see. They are still my friends, but I no longer can see their updates on my newsfeed. When I want to check in on them, I do to their page and I can see everything they have posted there.

I seldom update my Facebook account and sometimes its been months before I post on my wall or change profile pic. But I do randomly "like" posts and photos. :p
I mainly use Facebook to be connected and updated with my friends.

I'm always on Facebook but I rarely do a status update or anything like that. I mainly use it to play CafeWorld, CastleVille & FarmVille. LOL

I don't feel the need to use Facebook. Perhaps because I'm old-fashioned and I prefer to talk and meet people face to face rather than having to communicate through a website. It's not like my life is so exciting that so many things are happening to me that I need to tell my family. If I need to update my family about anything, I'll just pick up the phone and talk with them and not go through a public website where everyone will know what I'm doing.

I used to be a Facebook game addict when I started playing Farmville and Cafe World. I also became addicted to It Girl until I had a conversation with my friend who's working online. She taught me how to earn online, and that's when I lessened the time I spend on Facebook.

Now, I just log on to post statuses and photos as well as to connect with my family and friends.

I used to be a Facebook game addict when I started playing Farmville and Cafe World. I also became addicted to It Girl
I really don't understand how people can get addicted to the games on Facebook. To me the games are not challenging at all. My daughters used to play Farmville and they had to wait for their crop to grow and then have to grow new crops and such things. I really don't get the games. I prefer more arcade type of games like Luxor or Zuma. But I'm not addicted to these games either. I guess I just don't have an addictive personality.

I really don't understand how people can get addicted to the games on Facebook. To me the games are not challenging at all. My daughters used to play Farmville and they had to wait for their crop to grow and then have to grow new crops and such things. I really don't get the games. I prefer more arcade type of games like Luxor or Zuma. But I'm not addicted to these games either. I guess I just don't have an addictive personality.

Oh I love Zuma too! :D

Anyways, I think the challenge there is the anticipation and feeling of achievement when you get to see your farm (in Farmville) evolve and grow bigger as your level goes up. Same goes with other games like Cafe World and It Girl. I know the feeling since I've been there lol! Most of my family members are game addicts too to the point that they use cheats in order to reach a higher level fast.

It's good that you are not addicted to computer games. There are better things that we should be focusing on, especially because we are moms already.

Oh I love Zuma too! :D

Anyways, I think the challenge there is the anticipation and feeling of achievement when you get to see your farm (in Farmville) evolve and grow bigger as your level goes up. Same goes with other games like Cafe World and It Girl. I know the feeling since I've been there lol! Most of my family members are game addicts too to the point that they use cheats in order to reach a higher level fast.

It's good that you are not addicted to computer games. There are better things that we should be focusing on, especially because we are moms already.
My children are absolutely addicted to the games on Facebook and FB kept coming up with new games which is the reason why they always have to log into their accounts every day. I'm glad too that I'm not addicted to these games online and that I'm not a Facebook junkie. I too think that there are better things that I need to do instead of having to log into Facebook every day. I guess like I've said earlier, I don't think I have that addictive personality

Wow, so you love to play Zuma too. I've played the game so often that I've lost count how many times I've finished all the levels.

I am just really starting to use Facebook. I'm usually on there to play games and to keep up with family. But I noticed one particular friend of mine updates her status like every 30 minutes. I browse through my updates and she is in there like 50 times! Is this normal?

Are you a Facebook junkie?

I know many people who are total facebook junkies and do similar things. I personally do not update my status very frequently, but everyone has a different reason for using social media sites.

I love Farmville :) It is my one reason that I login to Facebook. I do use Facebook for a business page too, but not all the time anymore. I mainly use FB for Farmville.

I have a couple friends that update so often that you know when they are in the bathroom just about. It is a little obnoxious in my opinion, but I just ignore it. I worry when I see people updating their every step of the day including what time they are working and where they are going after work. This to me is quite dangerous and is open information for stalkers or anybody else.

I use it mostly to play games and every once in a while I check up on what everyone else is doing. I also have an aunt who is on there non stop during the day, I don't know why anyone would want to spend so much time on Facebook when there's so many other fun things to do. I don't like people who I am not really that close too knowing every single thing I do during the day.

Werbung:
I have a couple friends that update so often that you know when they are in the bathroom just about. It is a little obnoxious in my opinion, but I just ignore it. I worry when I see people updating their every step of the day including what time they are working and where they are going after work. This to me is quite dangerous and is open information for stalkers or anybody else.
That is absolutely true. When others know when you're not at home, it will be like a welcome sign to break into your home. I wonder if these people who update their status so often really know how dangerous that can be. I've read in the news about a girl who got raped because she posted on her FB wall about when her mother has gone to work and that she's all alone at home. These children need to be told about the danger of doing this. Don't know why they want to tell everybody that they're all alone.

Back