• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Doctor Who!

Potholer

Omg I watched like 2 DVDs of the 4th Doctor last night (Tom Baker). Is anyone a fan of any of the Doctor Whos? Tom Baker is awesome. In the eps I saw his companion was the cutest like 16 year old boy with this bowl cut going on. And it's uncanny how similar Tom Baker and David Tennant are, I swear it's as if David Tennant studied how Tom Baker talked.

The new Doctor is Matt Smith btw for anyone who is interested. I'm so excited about the new series, can't wait for it to start!

Werbung:
I haven't seen ANY of David Tennants Dr Whos :( but I used to be a massive fan, I loved Tom Baker as he was the first actor I remember playing the part but last time I really watched it was when Peter Davidson was in it ........ then I started losing interest lol.

Still love the Cybermen tho :wub:

:O! You haven't seen ANY of David Tennant?! WHAT? He is only the BEST EVAH. You'll totally fall in love with him, everyone does. Well, you need to see Christopher Ecclestien first (or however you spell his name), I don't like him as much as David Tennant (but that's cos it's David Tennant and he is automatic awesome) but he's still fantastic and he gives great leadup to the cool relationship that the Doctor develops with Rose. Watch them!

I am so happy to have found a Doctor Who topic here! My favourite Doctor is David Tennant, and I am so sad that he is leaving! Next week we will be seeing part 2 of The End of Time here, and I think I am driving my family mad with excitement (I'm 21 next Friday, and I am more excited about the Doctor Who episode on the following Sunday lol).

I've not watched to many of the early series, as they are quite hard to get here. Although I do love Rememberance of the Daleks, but I love any episode with Daleks in it lol.

What are everyones opinions on Matt Smith as the Doctor? Has anyone seen any episodes with him yet?

I love this show and My first contact with this show was very through an old issue of the Doctor Who Magazine I was found at my local comic shop and It looked interesting enough to make me look for more.That time I was fortunate to find a limited selection at a video store and My first purchase was Ghost Light, one of the last story of the 7th Doctor era.

I grew up watching reruns of Tom Baker as the Doctor on PBS when they rebroadcast the Dr. Who episodes in the early eighties. At the time, much of the show seemed very scary. Now it's just so ludicrous. But, I do like ALL the David Tennent episodes and especially Matt Smith. He's cool and charming with a very good sense of humor. I like how he makes Dr. Who seem fun again. Toward the end of season five, David Tennent was getting into some horrible mopey sad depressive spot and it bummed me out watching him. With Matt Smith, Dr. Who is renewed and invigorated again! Thankfully so! It's more fun to watch.

I really need to watch this... but I'm soooooooooo far behind since I've never watched it before that I'll never be able to catch up. I really wanna watch it though :oops:

I like what I'm reading from those who've seen this series.. However, I'm not sure where to start. O.O I wanna watch it.. I've been watching Dr.House and I extremely loved the show. So, I'm sure I'll like this show as well. :3 Are there any online copies of this series? Might as well watch them first online and see of I like it.

I need to find a good place to start... Hmm, someone's likely posted all of the episodes online, so I'll just watch those I suppose. (That's how I watch Hetalia, Air Gear, etc...) Although I hear the series is very, very, very long... I fear I may never catch up. :eek: Oh well...

Oooooh okay okay okay okay okay I finally got around to watching this show and now I AM IN LOVE WITH IT AND DON'T REGRET WATCHING IT!!! NOPE NOT AT ALL!!! And just between me and you... I have a huuuuuuuge~ crush on Ten (David Tennent) and Eleven (Matt Smith) but I can't tell anyone at school because i'll be judged :( but it's so AWESOME and fun having this secret because at school then (well, in my imagination at least) he is MINE MINE MINE! As you can see by the new bar in my signature as well as my avatar, I am in loooove!!!

*ahem* *calms down and stops having a girly moment* Sorry, needed to kind of vent a bit. As I said I usually keep things I enjoy a secret at school, sadly. Y'know... people will judge. My friend even said he's ugly! I mean, what the heck?! I took a website's advice and the first episodes I watched were Human Nature and The Family of Blood. They are very deep episodes, and even though I was very new to Doctor Who I started to choke up a bit and I felt so sorry for Ten... well, John Smith... but you get the idea. In general I find The Doctor and his TARDIS both very fascinating... time travel and space and such has been a fascination of mine since I was a baby (...I know... it's best not to ask...) which I guess is why I like Star Trek and Doctor Who. But boy oh boy am I so helplessly in love. <3

A new convert! I'd say just start from Christopher Eccelstein and go from there. David Tennent really made it take off but don't forget about christopher!

A new convert! I'd say just start from Christopher Eccelstein and go from there. David Tennent really made it take off but don't forget about christopher!
Yeah, I watched the Christopher ones as well, they were good, actually. But Ten... <3

Werbung:
I just watched Utopia, The Sound of Drums, and The Last of the Time Lords.

I cried at the end. It was so sad at the end when SPOILER The Doctor was holding the dead "Master" and then all of a sudden he just started breaking down... I was actually BAWLING the whole time... and then when Martha left... But it just goes to show... this show is TRULY a masterpiece.

Back