• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Coin Collecting

Princess Pyro

I was wondering if anyone else on this site collects coins?

I've been collecting for about 2 years, and have recently moved to buying coins, instead of collecting ones I found i circulation. I have almost every limited 50c, 20c and $1 ever produce. I also have some British, Indonesian, New Zealand, Thailand and Japanese coins. My older coins include: a 1736 Russian Polushka, 1939 German Riechspfennig, 1944 German Riechspfennig, an Australian 1952 Penny and an Australian 1914 Penny.

And soon I'll have 50 more pennies, and hopefully some ancient Greek and Roman coins from Ebay.

So, anyone else share this hobby?
<

Werbung:
I got another coin! It's a $5 coin made to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of ANZAC Day. Can't wait for the rest to arrive (I have about $80 worth of coins coming this week)

Wow!!! PP I could send you some British coins if you want? It'd only be current coins in usage but I can certainly send you some!

I've never been a coin collector although I find coins pretty interesting! Mum has a few old old HUGE coins. I have no idea what they are, I would assume they're British though.

I used to collect coins as a child but never seriously. I "might" still have some Icelandic coins from when I was on holiday there, if you want them (and if I can find them) then they're yours PP
<
. the only one that I will never part with is an arabic coin of some description that my grandfather picked up during WW2 .......... probably of no monetary value at all but I know he kept it in his pocket as a good luck charm through the war and was carrying it at the D-Day landings. After he gave it to me (to add to my collection) I had it turned into an earring and wore it for all my school exams and for every job interview I've had.

Sounds silly but I nearly forgot to take it to my last interview and had to run home for it in a panic lol.

anyhoo .......... I'll have a rake soon and see what I have that you might want
<

Thanks Thistle
<

I got some more coins today. Some 3pence coins from the 50's and 60's. And a mint $1 coin. Also coming this week is an ancient coin (either Greek or Roman) and a round 50cent coin, which was only produced in 1966 (they went out of production due to the amount they cost to make- they were 80% silver).

I'm so excited
<

Thought I might give a bit of an update on my collection:
I now have around 214 coins, including:
- A full set of Israeli Sheqels.
- An ancient Roman coin

I'm getting a Roman coin this week, it has Remus and Romulus on it. Also, in the next couple of weeks I am getting a coin that was in circulation in Biblical Israel. It will be the oldest in my collection, being around 2100 years old

That Roman coin sounds So Cool! Ahh can you imagine, 2100 years ago someone would have been holding that coin and paying for something with it.... incredible. Artifacts are so amazing.

Would you like any american $$?
I have some money that I got when my grandma died and I was told some of it is worth money. Would you know anything about american coins?

Werbung:
If you send me a photo of the coins, I will se what I can find out about them. Or, if you look on google, you might be able to find the addrss and number of someone who does it proffessionally in your area :)

Back