• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Work Rant

Chantilly

I have the absolutely SLOWEST person who works under me, it's unbelievable. I don't think I've ever given her one task to do that she hasn't absolutely infuriated me with.

For starters, she works at a snail's pace. I can't give her anything urgent, EVER, because she doesn't hustle. Things that I DO give her I get 80 billion questions about it. And it's not new questions either -- they're questions that have me wondering, "How do you NOT know this?"

She gets upset if I don't give her a lot of work, but she constantly makes mistakes with everything. She has no attention to detail, I tell her things several times sometimes and it still doesn't get through.

And the icing on the cake is when people come up to me and start asking me questions, and she tries to interject like she knows all about it!!! WTF!

Right now I asked her to do some copies and she found the longest system to get all these sheets together. It's been "half-done" for a good 15 minutes now.

Not to mention that she chews her gum SO LOUD I can hear her over my cubicle AND the radio.

The worst part is that it's my responsibility to give her work - but I can't be the one to decide it's not working out anymore (and trust me, it's not).

So annoying! ARGH!

Werbung:
URGH ! Poor tilly ............ you have my complete sympathy and understanding on this one
<

Geez it's like a carbon copy of my deputy manager lol.

Now if SHE stuff's up HER work that she has been given ............ do you get the blame for it? if not I say let her carry on and take the damn blame herself, she will either pull her socks up or lose her job. If however YOU get the blame I say you start kicking up a fuss about her ...... make damn sure your boss knows how incompetent she is other wise you will only make yourself more stressed out about it.

And give her a hard time !!!! tell her to shut the "£$% up when she tries to make you look like you don't know the answers to questions ............ pull her aside and point out that is SHE knew the answer then why can't she do her job? And the gum????? I'm sorry but I have NEVER worked anywhere where chewing gum is allowed and quite rightly so ........ tell her to spit it out lol..........a few of my staff tried to get away with chewing at work ........they got sick of my shoving the bin under their noses and telling them to spit .......... they don't even DARE try it now lol.

Maybe you should move here ....... I'll sack my deputy ........you can have his job and we'll send him to work with your incompetent idiot, they'll make a nice pair
<

Yeah, generally if something is done wrong or missing they come to me. And I'm not the type to start pointing fingers and saying "SHE'S the one who messed it up, NOT me." I just tell them I'll fix whatever it is that's wrong.

I can't really tell her off because she's not mean in any way, she just doesn't pay attention to what's going on in the office. And right now there's not really anyone to complain to, my boss retired about a month ago and other people are just taking on his work until they find someone new which will take at LEAST another month (gotta love working for the government).

I think I will move there. That's an invitation, right? You can't take it back!

*gets on plane*

Tilly honey, how do you distribute her workload? Is it clear to everybody that you are responsible for assigning her work?

Yeah, everyone knows I do but I think most people don't want to deal with her. Mostly because she can BARELY speak english (despite living in Canada her whole life). Seriously!!! So they all come to me.

I still have to tell her things several times for them to get through. She's ALWAYS looking for work and I feel like telling her she'd get more of it if she did it right the first time.

There's not much I can do, I'm stuck with her for now. I'll just have to continue going over all her stuff with a fine tooth comb until I have someone to complain to about this.

Can't you even try to talk to her somehow? I mean, if she's a totaly good person and everything, then don't be rude, just try telling her nicely..just point out some things? At least about the damn gum!
I really don't know much about these things, so I can't help you a lot, but if it were me, I think I'd try to talk to her...

Nah, I don't think talking to her will really do anything, besides, I don't want to because then it really just seems like I'm picking on her. ("Your GUM is too LOUD.")

Though I will be talking to SOMEONE about her tomorrow because I've really had it. She comes in about an hour before I do, unless I'm working at my second job in the evening then I come in at the same time as her. Anyway, today she gets in at 8, I get in at 9 and she tells me that the director's office asked for some urgent documents. So she went to see the person who has them, they weren't in right at that time, so she basically just does NOTHING at that point. Doesn't send them an e-mail so they can see it when they get in, doesn't follow up on it... NOTHING. So when I get in I had to do it all and I ordered her around all day asking her to do some grunt work like going upstairs and asking for photocopies.

Did I mention the computer games? It's obvious she plays them. She constantly clicks her mouse all day. "click-click-click-click-clickclick-click".... GRRRRRRR. It's like she's clicking on my BRAIN. And that's one of those things I really can't bring up. "Stop clicking your mouse?" In a sense it's my fault because I'm not giving her anything. On the other hand, it's her fault because she messes everything up.

Bah!
<

Werbung:
Back