• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Where Should I Go?

Potholer

Ok so I've decided that
1. I'm taking a year out next year to travel
2. I basically want to see the WHOLE WORLD. Within reason - what do I want most??

What are some real choice places/things to do that should go on my list?

I have to go scubadiving cos in a year or so I'm getting an operation to fix hearing and I wont be able to after that. I also want to go to Canada and see family and visit a friend - what must-do things are there?

I HAVE to see the terracotta army in china. I'd kill for Angkor - but what about Peru? I just learned about memorials in Berlin which would be mint - I'l need to see my friend Rob in Germany.... Kieran and Owen in Scotland, if they've stopped moving around.... If the timing is right, there's a juggling fete in the UK in late June.

Any suggestions? I just don't even know where to begin!

Italy. I have to see R0me. And how can I go past Egypt? Though I'd need to think about the whole woman thing there - I'll be on my own most likely.

Werbung:
All of the places you mentioned sound great. I've been to Scotland before, it's beautiful. I've also been to Egypt, when I was very small though, so I can't remember much. I'd like to go again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Though I'd need to think about the whole woman thing there[/b]

What woman thing?

Apparently Turkey is a great place to visit too (if you're into historical and architectural buildings and all).

Depends what you're looking for; exotic places, historical places, city life? etc...

Huh, was under the impression that travelling alone as a woman in Egypt is bad - frowned upon, must be accompanied by a man? Just looked it up though and not so much heh.

I definitely want a bit of historical. A lot of historical. I think I want to cover everything. I want to do balmy, tropical, city, historical....everything Worth Seeing. Not really helping am I? I was thinking it would be real sweet to see the memorials to Jews in Berlin with all the concrete sarcophagi things. Bull run in Spain? Not sure about that one though... It'd be sweet but dunno if it's something I really really want to do.

Not sure about the Egypyt thing...........pretty sure it is not recommended to travel alone there tho.

And um ...........HEY !!! what about me and Subby and Fi when you come to Scotland? huh? and of course if you time it right there's always the Edinburgh Fringe Festival !! you could make a fair bit of money there I bet.

The Bull run is fine ......... if you mean the one where the loony's get chased through the streets that is. I believe that those bulls don't get harmed so it's ok

Can't say I can really recommend anywhere from personal experience in europe as I've never been lol

:D I am so coming to visit you guys! Fringe fete?? Woah, I can only imagine how sweet that would be. Do you know when abouts it is? I want to be at Lake Windermere in June - where is that in relation to....the rest of the UK? And Scotland? (my geography is somewhat, um, lacking haha).

Oh! I forgot about harming the bulls...do they still shoot darts and whatnot at them? I don't know if I want to see that...

Also not a real good idea to go to parts of (south)eastern Europe alone as a woman either.

Berlin has some interesting things to see and so does Prague (though of course not in Germany lol) and Passau :D

A lot of places in Germany are rather boring for someone wanting to do sight seeing. Best to look up the places you think you might want to visit. There is A LOT of nature here lol

Egypt is a fantastic place to go but I'm with Thisty, I'm not sure it's a place to visit if you travel alone.

Werbung:
Hmmm this travelling alone thing is gonna be a bit annoying. I'll have to track down some jugglers or something to do part of the journey with...

Ooo Passau looks pretty!

Back