• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

What Would You Do?

Snowbaby

I know this is long, but I'd really appreciate if you guys would read please
<
I know what I want to do, but I'm too scared to do this...

When I moved here in 2003, I had a lovely female dentist, she knew I had a fear of the numbing injection, and treated me very sensitively, and kindly. She left my practice approx a year and half ago and I was moved onto a new dentist. Now I have nicknamed my new dentist "The Butcher"... this started out as a joke. But if I tell you, the last time I went I had no work done except a clean and he flossed my teeth as well... he was so rough whilst flossing, the dental tape continually snapped, but he kept trying to force it between my teeth. Needless to say this put me off a little....

Tonight, I had an appointment to have two fillings done, on the same side, one top tooth, one bottom tooth.

He drilled and drilled, but kept hitting my tooth nerve, I asked him to stop about 4 times, he MUST have seen the wincing in my face constantly... so what did he do?... plyed me with more and more and more anesthetic
<
Even one in the roof of my mouth
<
I was so numbed up, I couldn't swallow properly, couldn't feel my throat, it was right up past my eye socket, couldn't feel my right ear, and all the way down my jaw bone and neck. Now, that doesn't really bother me so much...

He had to remove the nerve of my tooth, has packed it with antibiotic, and put a temporary dressing on. This is on the only side I can eat on, the dressing is virtually level with my gum, I can't bare my top teeth touching it and he's told me to "eat normally" on it.... He made me another app for MARCH!!!! to go back for root treatment, and to have a crown fitted (no idea what a crown is). I was so shocked, that by the time the I stepped foot out of the door, on my way back to the car, I was sobbing.
<
<
Sobbed all the way home, couldn't utter a word to hubby when I got in, and it took me a good 15 mins to calm down.

I don't know that... 1. I can put up with this temp dressing for the next 4 months... 2. I could go back and allow him to do further work on my mouth... Ideally, I would like to request a new dentist... but I'm scared to incase he says something to the new one and I end up making things worse. I was a nervous wreck about going tonight, I can't begin to imagine what I'll be like in March. Anesthetic is wearing off now, and my jaw bone is AGONY.

What would you do...?

Werbung:
Get a new dentist. No question. Don't worry about hurt feelings or him saying anything to another dentist - just get a new one. Go to a different clinic if it makes you feel better.

That sounds quite painful.
<

I forgot to add... when he was finished and stood up to tell me what I needed to have done next (root treatment and crown)... the sweat was dripping off him... That's not normal for simple dentistry, right? Honestly, it was like he'd just dug the founds of a new house or something.

My eyes are welling up just typing this. I don't even know that I could possibly go back in March, even if I decided to stay with him.

I'm on a dental payment plan where I pay a set amount per month regardless of how much or little treatment I require. I'm no sure I'd get in with another practice anywhere else. I'm fairly sure the other dentists in the practice I'm at now, are full up with patients.

Find out !! go round a few other practices and explain to them why you want to leave your present one. IF you can't get in then go back to the practice you are already in and ask to be put on another dentists list.......in fact ....DEMAND it !!

Dentists are supposed to put their patients at ease especiallywhen they are nervous, if your dentist isn't doing that then you have every right to ask for another one.

The numb has completely worn off... I can't decide if it's my jaw or the tooth that is sore right now.

What you should do is what i call, the teaching technique for male dentists. What you need to do is put your hand on their groin whilst you are being worked on... and whenver they do something to hurt you, squeeze the pain out on them.... Soon enough, they will be treating you properly... or injecting themselves with pain killer lol

But yeah, I know people who have had issues with dentists.... Ask for another one. You wont be the first or alst person to do it.

If you told him to stop he should have, he hasn't got any rights to force treatment on you. Especially if it's causing you pain. You should request for a new dentist regardless of what he might do. Be brave girl!

Get well soon xx

By the way: HAHA Snubby that's funny!!

Ty Riyah. I'm gonna try this new practice tmor, and if they can't help, I'm gonna phone my own and ask for another dentist. See how I get on... *fingers crossed* I get in with the new one and they can treat me quickly.

I'm not able to eat very much... yesterday's meals consisted of half a tin of spaghetti at lunchtime and a small portion of cheesy pasta with mashed carrot/swede at tea time.

Very boring... at least my waist should see a difference
<

Werbung:
I had to go back today to get the root treatment done as an emergency appointment. To say I was scared and nervous is a complete understatement!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, it went ok. I've to go back in 2 weeks to have it finished off. What fun!

Back