• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

What type of pump did you use?

RomanAnthonysMama

I'm about to be a first-time mom, so I have a lot to learn. Yesterday we went and bought a pump to use while I'm nursing. I ended up finding one that was decently priced, and it was electric which is what I wanted. I feel like I should have done more research, but I'm just glad to have one since I was worried that I wouldn't get one on time. What type did you use for nursing, and do you have any tips for a first-time mom when it comes to pumping? Thanks so much!

Werbung:
I had two pumps. I had a Medela hand pump, and I had an electric pump that I got from Walmart. The electric one was okay, it did the job. The hand pump actually worked better. I was able to pump a lot more, but it hurt a bit. The hand motion over and over made my hands cramp up.

If you're intending on breastfeeding exclusively, I would wait to use the pump and bottle feeding until the baby is a bit older. Otherwise, they might get nipple confusion. If this isn't a concern, then I would pump after you breastfeed. If you pump right before a feeding, your baby will only get the hind milk. I would try to get a good mix of foremilk and hindmilk if I could.

Back