• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Using New Products ..

thistle

How many of you have had horrible disasters when trying out a new product on your skin on hair?

Reason I ask is ........

on Saturday I bought myself some cleansing wipes for my face which everyone has been raving about ....not an expensive thing but apparently "better than the pricey ones".

I got home on Saturday night.......wiped my face ........ 20 minutes later ............ OMGFG !!!! I think I've just had an acid peel !!!!!!

my entire face started itching like hell !!! and not just itching but BURNING !! by Monday my face was still bright red and dry like you wouldn't believe despite slathering on the moisturiser........ I bought emolliant cream .......... it BURNT !!!!

I got up this morning and thought "oh! my face doesn't seem as dry today" ......... went into the bathroom and
<
the entire left side of my face was FLAKING !!!!!!! seriously !!!!!!! I had to take my dry facecloth and buff these disgusting flaky bits of skin off my face before work :s then I applied a really heavy NIGHT cream to my face SIX times !!!! each time it sunk straight in instead of sitting on the skin like it should.... 6 times in half an hour?

I had to go to the chemist today to get another dermatological cream to try and calm my skin down a bit ............. applied it 4 times so far and it seems to be working *fingers crossed*

So ...... anyone else had this kinda crap happen? lol

Werbung:
Only every time I try a new product...!! Best tip for you... once you have tried something that you have a reaction to... ONLY use something you have used before until the reaction clears up. It's like cutting your finger... then the next day cutting it on the same spot again... ouch!

lol I wish that had worked.

I have used E45 (the emolliant cream) for donkey's years and yet when I put it on my face yesterday it was like acid cos my skin was so raw.

Least it seems to be clearing up a bit now :s

best thing to do if you are going to try a new product is rub a little bit on the inside of your elbow or underarm (sounds sick but works)... the reason those places is that they are more of a thinner skin and you will tell sooner if you are going to have a reaction or not.

if you dont have a reaction then you are more than likely good to go. if you do, then it is better to have those small spots uncomfortable than your entire face.
hope that helps for future experiments... er i mean experiences...

Holy C*@p! That sounds awful!

If you can get hold of some try Aloe Vera. It is very very good and will soothe and heal skin quickly.

What was the brand called sweety? So I know not to use it... I have very sensitive skin too.

Poor you. I don't think that I've ever had a skin (or any) reaction to anything unless it got to near my eyes, which are pretty sensitive.

I use the Biore wipes which I actually like quite alot.

<
<

I've never had a reaction like that..once, when I used anti-pimple cream, my face did look like it was burnt by an octopus, but not that much, and it all went away within a day.
Do you have Bepathen cream? It's really good, it's for burnt and dry skin..it should help.
Bepanthen_Wund_und_Heilsalbe__52655.gif

I think it would be best for your skin if you didn't use any cosmetic products until the reaction goes away completely..put some camomile pads on your face, that soothes..or aloe vera, as Lottie suggested.

Well it took about a week but I'm back to normal lol......thanks to my lufferly friendly pharmacist who recommened a cream for me.

They were a brand called "Cherish" which I will never use again (obviously) but just to make the point I am NOT saying they are bad in fact so many people have told me they never use anything else they must be good but I was unlucky with them.

It's made me so scared to try anything else now tho ........even stuff I have used for years ! ie: I have ALWAYS dyed my own hair and it badly needs done now but I am terrified of taking a sudden reaction to that too so I'm gonna fork out and get it done professionally lol (any excuse to pamper myself)

Werbung:
Lou, best advice I can give is... do what you would normally do. If you treat your skin too kindly it will get used to it and be worse. Leave it a few weeks and then try your usual products one by one. You'll be okies
<

But yes, you're allowed to get your hair done this time, Subby told me he'd pay for it
<

Back