• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Ultimate Frisbee!

Potholer

I've finally started playing ultimate frisbee and if there's a club or team near you you should totally play. I got roped in by one of my friends cos their team is always short on girls (and you need to have at least 2 girls on the team). It's a totally sweet sport and there's so much more ot frisbee than I imagined. I can now throw forehand and backhand but there's also blades and hammers (hammers are so not suited for me though cos they're designed to be thrown over the head of the person marking you. Considering I'm 5 ft, less than ideal!).

But yeah, I play games with 5 people per side and you have to throw the frisbee into the endzone (and someone has to catch it) to get a point (like in American Football). And you can't run with the frisbee. Instead everyone "stacks" off the person who is trying to throw the frisbee and you run out into open areas to make yourself open to the thrower and then run back into the stack (the line) so that you're not taking up space for other players to run into to lose their marker.

But yeah, it's totally awesome. One of the few sports that I'm actually keen on finding clubs for when I start moving around, like I try to find juggling clubs.

Werbung:
Neat! I've actually been thinking of trying this, people seem to really enjoy Ultimate. Maybe I'll take a closer look for a few groups around here...

This game sounds like a lot of fun. I will have to introduce it to my family camping this summer.

Werbung:
When i was a kid, we played frisbee. Later on, I got scared the frisbee would hit me in the mouth and knock out my teeth, so I stopped playing. I'm sure that's something my mom told me when i was a kid and it just stuck in my head till later. She was a worry wart.

Back