• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Trusting Your Instincts

Lottie

Our instincts urge us to respond rapidly to our baby's cries. We scoop her up and murmur comforting words. We offer food, fresh diapers and funny faces to dispel her distress. We rock, walk and jiggle until she's at peace. And then we collapse and cuddle and continue to savor the warmth of her body, the smell of her skin, the curve of her cheek. Or do we?
Society bombards us with messages that tell us not to trust ourselves, not to listen to our babies and our instincts. We’re warned that giving in to our baby's demands for attention spells certain disaster for our baby and ourselves. We're advised to get the baby off to the right start by letting him know who's boss from the beginning. But when those negative messages become louder than our baby's cries, we all lose.

Fears vs. Intuition
There's a widely accepted myth that even very young babies are out to manipulate their parents. Their cues for attention are interpreted as deliberate attempts to control us. The image of insolent, ungrateful schoolchildren yelling insults and orders at parents is enough to scare any mom or dad into prompt action.

Continued Here

Werbung:
Lottie what a wonderful topic! I know we briefly talked about this before.

It is very important to meet all your childs needs especially for the first 6 months. About 6 months of age so the common reasoning is needs turn to wants. Your child cries for your attention because he wants your company as opposed to needing your attention.

As far as I am concerned there is nothing in the world wrong with that. I have been accused on occasion of being an overindulgent mummy with Joey but in truth I dont care.

My son is a bright, cheerful, funny, absolutely lovely little man.
<

I trust my intuition with my son, I always have and I will continue to do so.

Children aren't made with cookie cutters, we know our kids better than anybody else. We have to trust ourselves.
<

Back