• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Today I 'll go to the ophthalmologist...

Eirini

for contact lenses! Wihaaa. Wish me luck with these sensitive things. The last time I wore the sample I had GREAT difficulty to take the off.
I 'd appreciate it if you could give me some tips as well =)
You know, about the maintenance, how to put the on and take them out...personal experiences....;)

Werbung:
I envy you, really. I can't wear contacts to save my own life. Which will make my Prussia cosplay difficult due to the fact that I will HAVE to wear red contacts............

I wish I would have thought this out better and picked Canada or something... oh well?

I can't wear contacts anymore because my astigmatism got too bad and I can't find a brand I can see clearly through. :(
I find them easier to put in than take out. To put them in, use the hand on the same side as your eye to keep your eyelids opened. Use your index finger to lift up your lashes and eyelid. Use your thumb to push back your bottom eyelid. Put the contact concave up on the index finger on the other hand. Bring it to the eye and it should suction on. Taking off is really hard for me. You're supposed to open your eyelids like above with the opposite hands. Use the hand on the same side as your eye to take out the lenses. Keep your thumb at one side of the lenses and your index finger on the other. Slide your thumb and index finger together and the lenses should come out. Unfortunately, it comes out for me after several tries. :( Hopefully, your ophthalmologist will teach a better method.

For maintenance, I would suggest stick to the usage guidelines. If the contacts are not to be worn over 2 weeks, don't abuse it. Don't fall asleep in them especially if they're cheap circle lenses. The contact can move to the back of the eye or worse, dry up a bit and be stuck to your eye. Apply eye cream twice daily. This is important in preventing wrinkles since you will be doing some tugging and pulling while putting the contacts on. Carry eye drops around. Your eyes may get dry and tired especially if you are wearing them for 8+ hours. Always rub contacts when cleaning them with solution even if the solution is a no rub formula. Protein builds up on the lenses. If not removed, it can cause irritation or infection.

If I ever do get contacts I'm going to get the kind that you throw away after you wear them.

I can't wear contacts anymore because my astigmatism got too bad and I can't find a brand I can see clearly through. :(
I find them easier to put in than take out. To put them in, use the hand on the same side as your eye to keep your eyelids opened. Use your index finger to lift up your lashes and eyelid. Use your thumb to push back your bottom eyelid. Put the contact concave up on the index finger on the other hand. Bring it to the eye and it should suction on. Taking off is really hard for me. You're supposed to open your eyelids like above with the opposite hands. Use the hand on the same side as your eye to take out the lenses. Keep your thumb at one side of the lenses and your index finger on the other. Slide your thumb and index finger together and the lenses should come out. Unfortunately, it comes out for me after several tries. :( Hopefully, your ophthalmologist will teach a better method.

For maintenance, I would suggest stick to the usage guidelines. If the contacts are not to be worn over 2 weeks, don't abuse it. Don't fall asleep in them especially if they're cheap circle lenses. The contact can move to the back of the eye or worse, dry up a bit and be stuck to your eye. Apply eye cream twice daily. This is important in preventing wrinkles since you will be doing some tugging and pulling while putting the contacts on. Carry eye drops around. Your eyes may get dry and tired especially if you are wearing them for 8+ hours. Always rub contacts when cleaning them with solution even if the solution is a no rub formula. Protein builds up on the lenses. If not removed, it can cause irritation or infection.
Thanks for everything! It's really helpful. I finally took them on ;) I think that I 'll get used to it after a long long time. You can't imagine how much scared I am of infections. I 'll try to keep them sterile. :pray:

Gyigas red contacts wohaaaa. Prussia would be proud of his identical :)

If I ever do get contacts I'm going to get the kind that you throw away after you wear them.
Dailies will suit you perfectly if you plan to wear contacts on a regular basis and don't have a high astigmatism.
They are also the softest and most comfortable type of contacts to wear. I think they are more oxygen permeable too.
For cosplay, circle lenses are better in color selection and price. You could wear them once and chuck them if you're unconformable about the maintenance.
Be sure to carry around eye drops and not exceed 8 hours of wear. Circle lenses are good up to 1 year so they are made of a less oxygen permeable material.
You might notice they tire and dry your eyes faster than conventional contacts.

I love wearing contact lenses. In our City almost everyone has the same eye color, brown, hazel or black. :p So it is nice to be different once in a while. I have grey and blue contacts. :3 Just purely for fashion sake. :3 I don't have issues wearing them and taking them off. Probably because I have huge eyes. :p

Dailies will suit you perfectly if you plan to wear contacts on a regular basis and don't have a high astigmatism.
They are also the softest and most comfortable type of contacts to wear. I think they are more oxygen permeable too.
For cosplay, circle lenses are better in color selection and price. You could wear them once and chuck them if you're unconformable about the maintenance.
Be sure to carry around eye drops and not exceed 8 hours of wear. Circle lenses are good up to 1 year so they are made of a less oxygen permeable material.
You might notice they tire and dry your eyes faster than conventional contacts.
I wear the monthly ones. It is true that it dries the eyes faster but I'll get used to it ;)

I love wearing contact lenses. In our City almost everyone has the same eye color, brown, hazel or black. :p So it is nice to be different once in a while. I have grey and blue contacts. :3 Just purely for fashion sake. :3 I don't have issues wearing them and taking them off. Probably because I have huge eyes. :p
I love grey contacts <3
Lucky you! I pinched my eye three times :p

I love grey contacts <3
Lucky you! I pinched my eye three times :p
Awww... There is a trick on how to apply and take it off. Well, it works for me.. But can't explain how to.. :p My sister had the same problem. She had a rough time taking it out that she never tried contacts ever after that. :p

Werbung:
Awww... There is a trick on how to apply and take it off. Well, it works for me.. But can't explain how to.. :p My sister had the same problem. She had a rough time taking it out that she never tried contacts ever after that. :p
Fortunately, I got used to them and now iI find it easy to take them on and off. =)

Back