• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

To all married ladies here...

Cecille

... what contraceptive did/are you using? I have tried injectables and birth control pills but both just made me lose my appetite for sex, made my head ache more often, and gave me more mood swings. I just opted for natural methods because of these side effects, and hopefully, it will work.

But how about you? How's your experience with it?

Werbung:
I'm currently on birth control pills and I've actually noticed that my sex drive has gone down. I tried explaining it to some of my other female friends, but they thought I was crazy; though, I'm not sure how many of them are actually on the pill. I noticed that when I was off the B.C. last month, my drive was slowly starting to creep back up, so I'm trying to hold onto that. I'm still not sure why exactly it makes some lose the appeal of sex (I guess you could say), but it sucks.

I was using birth control pills. I am about to have my second child, but I may try that mirena stuff, I am not sure yet. i was using sesonique as my control method until we decided to go ahead and have our last one. Yeah birth control does a lot of crazy things to you, but if all else fails try mirena or something like that. That method may work a little better than others. There are so many methods, but I have heard that some really do not work that well. Good luck to you.

I have been using a Paragard IUD for 3 years now up until a week ago when it fell out. It was really good while I had it until it started coming out and causing pain. It lasts for up to ten years, kind of crampy going in and it made my menstrual cramps worse, but other than that I loved it.

I'm not married, but I use birth control pills. I've tried 6 different brands to sift through the ones that make me nauseous or feel bleh too much throughout the month.

Keep in mind that you should really try the same kind/brand for at least 3 months before switching off. Even if you get bad side effects initially, they can go away after your body adjusts. When I got on my current one, I had horrible morning-sickness like symptoms for a few weeks total throughout the first 3 months. I thought it was worse than some of the other brands I had tried even, but now, nada. It just took a bit to adjust to.

I'm curious as to what natural methods you use?? Do you mean just condoms and other over the counter protection, or is there something I'm missing?

I had my youngest child 2 months ago. I am supposed to go back to my OB for my check-up here pretty soon, and I am iffy about what kind of birth control I want. The issue with pills for me is that the ones I want to take (ortho tri low) she won't give me. She is paid highly by Yaz and in turn she is only prescribing that. I can't take Yaz because it gives me severe migraines, increased heart rate, and just generally makes me feel terrible.

I really liked the Ortho when I was on it as a teenager, and so that is what I would prefer to be on now but according to her they don't sell it anymore. I know that I can go to Planned Parenthood and get it, but then I have to have a separate pap and pay separate fees than just going through her. I've also been considering the shot because once it's done it's done. I get severe cases of baby fever, lol. Right now we have a 3 year old, an 18 month old, and a 2 month old. I obviously need to be on something, but I'm just undecided on what. If there are home measures (besides condoms) that I could use, that would be awesome. I hate pumping extra hormones into my body and even as a teenager they gave me headaches, so it'd be great to avoid that somehow. :)

Do we have to be married to be using birth control? :rolleyes: I will not use anything that uses hormones, as I feel it is unnatural and can really mess up your body (not to mention your sex drive). I am using condoms currently, and will be getting an IUD placed at my next yearly physical. The IUD is a great option as it can prevent pregnancy anywhere from 5-10 years. If you do change your mind, you can also have it removed. It does not use hormones and does not need to be changed. Everyone I have talked to loves it!

I used to use birth control pills. I never had any problems with headaches, my menstrual cycles or any other side effects. I wasn't on them more than a year though. I have heard about so many different birth control methods that are supposed to be very safe. If I did need to be on them, I would probably choose something healthier. I am not one for taking to0 many medications. There are so many other safer options to choose from.

I have the mirena, IUD. I actually love it. I love that I don't have to remember to take a pill everyday because I am horrible at remembering! I haven't really had any negative side effects. I spotted pretty often the first few months that I had it but it evened out pretty well and I have light spotting about every 1 1/2 months that I call my period lol

I was on natural birth control; ever since. But I also required my husband to use condoms; for safety purposes. I also made sure my husband knew that if he doesn't have a "toy", he can't play.

I have 3 sons and a daughter; and they are all grown ups now. All single. I taught them to go natural also when they're married or have partners.

I have the Mirena but its time to get it removed for me. I have had almost no side effects from it either! I got it placed when my youngest was a couple months old & i was breastfeeding. I can count on 1 hand the number of periods I've had with this thing in! I think I had 1 after I weaned her & then only spotting every other year since then, usually in October, the month she weaned completely.

I've been using the birth control pill since after my first child was born. Never tried other methods. I did try the natural method which is counting the days when I was ovulating and such but that was too risky so I reverted back to taking the pill. It does have some effect on my appetite. I seem to eat more than usual. Other than that every thing is pretty normal.

I was on natural birth control; ever since. But I also required my husband to use condoms; for safety purposes. I also made sure my husband knew that if he doesn't have a "toy", he can't play.

I have 3 sons and a daughter; and they are all grown ups now. All single. I taught them to go natural also when they're married or have partners.

Hmm, I'm confused. How can you say you were on natural birth control, but that you also had your husband use condoms? Does that mean you only had him use condoms during times of the month where you weren't necessarily the "safest" like during ovulation phases?

And did you teach your kids to use condoms as well then?

... what contraceptive did/are you using? I have tried injectables and birth control pills but both just made me lose my appetite for sex, made my head ache more often, and gave me more mood swings. I just opted for natural methods because of these side effects, and hopefully, it will work.

But how about you? How's your experience with it?
I am currently using the Mirena IUD. I love, love, LOVE it!! Everyone is different and have different side effects, etc. But I have nothing but positive things to say about it. I couldn't go on the pill because of boderline hypertension that developed after having my 2nd daughter, so this was the next option. It is a hormone IUD, not like the Paraguard which is copper, but the hormones in it do not effect my blood pressure. The only irritating side effect I had was the continual spotting for the first 4 months (yes it last that long and longer for some!). After that time though, it's been awesome!

Werbung:
I have taken the birth control pill most of my life and have also tried the patch and injections. Through all of them I did sometimes experience some weight gain at first but never a decrease of sexual appetite. Are you sure that the lack of wanting sexy time is due to the birth control? Maybe it is something else...

Back