• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Time For A Rant...

Snowbaby

Well.... just under 8 weeks until our wedding day.

For the past few months I've been persistently trying to book buffet food for my 17 guests, stewart and I... not difficult you think, right??

Each time I phone, no one answers. 2 Weeks ago I finally got an answer, only to be told "Sorry there's no one here who can help you right now".

<
???

It's a hotel.... you take bookings!!!!!!!

So anyway, when I was at mum's a week ago, I went into the hotel in person, I made sure I politely made the gril aware of the previous attempts. She was stunned, said she'd speak to all staff and ensure it will not happen again. But then she said the owners were on holiday and there was no one there to help with my buffet choice.
<

She said she'd get someone to phone me Saturday past.... yep you guessed it.... no phone call.

Today I phoned up again. Explained I've been trying to book my buffet for months without success. She seem not bothered at all.
<
She then tells me that they have 2 bus loads booked in that day...

who will be....

EATING IN THE DINING ROOM WITH US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

I'm like, err no that will not be happening!!!!! She says oh, ok I will speak to the manager and phone you back tmor.... With their track record I told her I'd CALL HER tmor.

Some wedding this is going to be.
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

Werbung:
Bloody hell!

If you have booked your wedding they can't do that to you! Snowy don't let them hold you hostage. Tell them quite simply that this is not what your agreement was, this is your wedding, which you are hiring them for. YOU call the shots, not them.

Snowy tell me exactly what you agreed to and what they tell you tomorrow. Also I am assuming that you have put a down payment right?

When you talk to them tomorrow, the first thing you will do is introduce yourself, state the reason you are calling and ask for their name....and how they spell it. This will get their attention. You will take control right from the start. You will tell them what you expect in terms of service. You will also tell them how "disappointed" you are with the service you have seen so far. You will remain calm & steady throughout your conversation.

You can also tell them that should they breach your agreement, because a down payment does constitute an agreement you will contact, every newspaper, every business group (ie better business bureau equivilant), bridal magazine...etc. that you can think of and give them a "review of the service" that you received from them. And on top of that they can expect a call from your lawyer.

Dotty, have I told you I wub you?
<

You the bestest dotty ever ever.

I did put don a deposit. They have our menu and my letters stapled to 1st July on their diary. When we reduced our numbers initially, I made sure we'd have a private eating area and made sure the manager understood that's what I wanted, he agreed.

Let's see what happens after the lady talks to him. Roll on 1pm when I call them up!!

Snowy, don't take whatever garbage they tell you... They are counting on the fact you won't say anything and accept what they want....

If they continue.... I will contact the bus companies involved on the day and call in a bomb threat, and that they cant stop nor go less then 55mph
<

Sweetheart! Thats outrageous, I have never heard of anything more disorganised and disruptive!!!

Would you like mt to talk to them? I am very good at getting my own way and dealing with idiots.

If the worst comes to the worst then I will help you find another venue if you need to. Pulling together at times like this gets results.
<

I phoned the hotel again this afternoon and spoke to the same lady who said "oh noooo we would never sit your wedding party in with a bus tour".
<

So umm... basically she caused 24 hours of worry for nothing.
<

Silly bintoid.
<

Urgh, talk about a badly run business
<

Take Dotty's advice kins............take control of them..........you're doing THEM the favour by spending your money at their Hotel, the least they can do is give you good service in return. Next time you speak to them, tell them you want your buffet sorted out by next wénd at the latest...........don't take their crap, you've waited far too long to get this sorted.

Kick ass kins.

Werbung:
Snowy,

I'm glad itoday turned out ok, however they still haven't sorted your menu.

I agree with Thistle. Set a deadline...and get everything in writing.

What you also want to do is keep a journal of who you spoke to and when.

Remember you call the shots here. Not them, and it is not an unreasonable expectation for them to adhere to what they have already agreed to.

Back