• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

tattoos or piercings

MelaRot

hi,
I think tattoos are really cool, if they're decent and small enough to be easily hidden. I was thinking about getting the Chinese sign for luck on my ankle for while. The other day I went to the tattoo shop, I thought I was really sure to get "lucky" in the true sense of the sign.
The girl of the tattoo shop then showed me her piercings, as I got curious seeing all the pictures. she had a really fancy bellybutton piercing with a nice little green crystal in it.
All of a sudden I was not that sure any more about my tattoo. Now I'm really unsure what to get, a tattoo or a piercing.
what do you think about tattoos or piercings?

Werbung:
hi,
I think tattoos are really cool, if they're decent and small enough to be easily hidden. I was thinking about getting the Chinese sign for luck on my ankle for while. The other day I went to the tattoo shop, I thought I was really sure to get "lucky" in the true sense of the sign.
The girl of the tattoo shop then showed me her piercings, as I got curious seeing all the pictures. she had a really fancy bellybutton piercing with a nice little green crystal in it.
All of a sudden I was not that sure any more about my tattoo. Now I'm really unsure what to get, a tattoo or a piercing.
what do you think about tattoos or piercings?

Maybe you want one of each :) It sounds like you want to keep it pretty modest, which I do think is a good idea. Being able to hide a tattoo may come in handy when you are in the workplace. I have a tattoo on my hip and on the back of my shoulder blade. Both are unique and easy to cover up. When I was 18 I kind of went crazy wit piercings. I got my tongue, nose, and belly button pierced. I am 25 now and have since removed the tongue and nose piercing. I still have the hole in my belly button, but don't always wear jewelry there.

I have some of both, and plan on getting more. If you really want it then, yeah get it. Both of them are small, so if both sound like something you want, why not get both? :) Just make sure you really want them, and with the tattoo, make sure the symbol is right, and make sure they draw it properly, or it could mean something completely different. I usually wait a couple weeks after thinking of something I want, and see if I still want it as much before I get it. Good luck. :)

Well, you could start with the piercings first. It's much better getting the piercing first so you get accustomed to the feeling of a bit of a jab or pain. If you decide to get a tattoo as well make sure to go to a well trusted professional, you don't want things to go wrong as that's permanent.

Personally, I like both, but I'm not allowed to get either yet. I mean I have multiple ear piercings now but that's just it. I wanted a lip piercing, and a SlipKnoT barcode tattoo either on my nape or wrist.

Do you have any other tattoos or piercings at all? Until you're absolutely sure you want the tattoo, I would suggest waiting. A piercing you can simply take back out later and no harm done, but you're rather stuck with the tattoo. The good news is, it's entirely up to you and you can decide to get whatever you want, whenever you want, and it doesn't depend on anyone else's input. :D

I do not have any tattoos since I cannot find a reason why would I have one. And I only have the piercings in my ears.
I think it depends if you really want it just like in having a tattoo, if you really like an image or name tattooed in your body because it is significant or for whatever purpose you have, you can go for it specially if you are already in a legal age and deciding for yourself.

I do not have any tattoos even though I considered getting one a number of times. Waiting it out always changed my mind. I only have ear piercings to which I got when I was about 3 or 4 years old. I do find tattoos on men very attractive, I must admit.

I have 5 tattoos and I've had my tongue pierced 3 times...it kept closing up:p. It's funny because for me and
a lot of people I know with tattoos, it's all a sense of expressing one's self and embracing who they are. All my tattoos
represent something uniquely special about me. I have one on my wrist, one on the back of my neck, a 2 parter on
my lower back and one in a very private location;). I don't regret anything I've had done and I plan on getting
more, and even more so, all of my tattoos are usually in places that remain covered unless I want them to be seen.
Except the one on my wrist, which is always visible, but it's a tribute to a child I lost, her initials, so I'd rather it be seen
anyway.

I would get a piercing if you can't decide. A tattoo is forever, or it is very hard to get rid of. A piercing is a lot easier to deal with if you don't like it anymore as you can just take it out and allow the hole to close up. I have 3 pairs of piercings in my ears. I used to have my bellybutton pierced but it closed up during my pregnancy. If I ever got a tattoo it would be on my foot or somewhere where I could hide it.

If you are not absolutely certain you want the tattoo, I would wait to get it. Piercings can be fun and they will heal with minimal scarring (depending on where the piercing is.) I had my nose, 5 holes in the ears, the little flap of cartilage in your ear, my tongue (2 holes), and my belly button pierced. I had a friend who did piercing when I was younger lol :) I rarely wear any of these piercings now tho.

I have 1 tattoo and could easily go for a few more. Prefer tattoos over Piercings but would like to get my tounge pierced if I could get up the courage.

I used to love getting new piercings in high school, but now that Im in college I prefer to save me money on other things. About two years ago I got my first tattoo, which had been my dream tattoo for years! Even though I love it, it is the only one I'm getting... no more tattoos for me.

I have one tattoo that I've had for a couple of years now and I love it. I am finally getting another one, a large one that will go up my leg in a month or two. I'm pretty excited! I don't have any piercings though.

If you're not completely sure, take your time to decide. I have been thinking about getting a tattoo for quite awhile. I don't want it to be visible, it's just for me. I don't have any piercings since I had to let my ears close up.

Werbung:
I'm personally more into tattoos than piercings. I have 2 tattoos (in areas that are easy to show off in summer, but also easy enough to cover when I need to), and I plan to get at least two more when I have the money. I have a whopping zero piercings. I used to have pierced ears, but I let them close up. I have nothing against piercings on other people, I think I just prefer the low-maintenance aspect of tattoos when it comes to myself.

As others have said, though, you shouldn't get a tattoo until you're absolutely sure. I thought about it for several years and went to several tattoo shops before I finally got my first one.

Back