• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Stupid "$&^($£ Ass !

thistle

Yet again
<

I'll try to make this short but if not .........bear with me lol.

For some background there are 4 stores in my area within "easy" driving distance, now 3 of those stores are complete pain in the asses when you ask for extra staff to cover a sick member of staff and one is a gem ...... the manager ALWAYS manages to provide a member of staff to cover so in return, when they ask US for cover both myself and my deputy will bend over backwards to help them out (unlike the other stores when we just say "no sorry we can't spare anyone lol)

Sooooooooo I got a phone call this morning from said Manager asking if we could spare a member of management 2 days a week for the next month to give her her days off (he deputy manager has just been promoted to manager of another store and her 3rd keyholder is still in training) so I spoke to my deputy and we agreed that he would travel up there every Thursday and I woudl travel up there every Friday to let the girl have her days off..........I worked out my rota's for the next 4 weeks and it was NO problem to cover both stores.

I emailed our area manager and said "Hi Martin, would it be possible for me to take my weeks holiday in wk43 as oppose to wk 35 so we can help this other store out?"......

He immediately phoned the other manager and demanded to know why WE were providing her cover......

she replied ....

"well Laney has just started as manager in her store and YOU told me not to pull her out of there as she needs time to settle in and the other stores woudln't help out"...

his reply? ...... "Well...I'm NOT paying travel expenses from there to your store !" and promptly gave her a bolloking for daring to ask us. To be clear the travel expenses are not huge............ my deputy does not drive so the bus fare for him for the day is £6 !!!!! I however would be claiming for Diesel so would be entitled to £33 lol but even so ... £39 a week !!!! hardly gonna break the bank is it?

Now in 2 weeks I have to attend a conference in Edinburgh which all managers are required to go to. Originally Cath (nice store manager) was going to be covered by her deputy Laney but as Laney is now a store manager herself she also has to attend leaving Cath with no cover for her store ....... I had the PERFECT solution !!! I was already going up that way to pick up Laney for the conference so I suggested to Cath that my Deputy could come with me ......... I could drop him off to open up her store while I pick up Laney for the conference and pick him up on the way home and my senior sales could look after MY store for the day.........SORTED !!!!! or so we thought....

Oh no .area manager starts whinging about travel expenses again .........

"why are you going through Peebles to pick up Laney? that's way out your way and increases your travel expenses?" he asked....

So I replied...

"ok.....I won't pick up Laney, I'll go go the direct route to Edinburgh which by the way is only @ 10 miles less , Laney can borrow her mother's car and make a separate claim for fuel expenses and parking at the venue, Cath will have to miss the conference completely as she will have no one to cover her store OR if she does find someone they will claim for travel (where I was bringing Brian up for FREE) but that's fine if you grudge paying me an extra 10 miles worth of diesel I get an extra 20 minutes in bed in the morning"

Oddly enough I hadn't had a reply by 5.30 ........... I'm probably gonna get into so much trouble but tough ....this guy is so bang outta order..he was off work for 3 months with stress apparently ......... I don't care.........that does NOT give him the right to take his bad moods out on me or any other member of staff when we are bending over backwards to do what is best for the COMPANY.

Has anyone got a brick wall I can borrow to smash my head against?

<

Werbung:
*hands thisty a cushion to bash said head against*

Sheesh I'm glad I'm not a manager, I remember the role well but I'm glad I'm not anymore. It's so stressful
<
<

This guy sounds like a right butthole
<

he is *growls*

the past fornight these are the messages he has ignored from me...

1. my saturday girl has transferred to a store in Ireland ........ I need HIS signature for teh wages dept to transfer her details over and until then I have to keep paying her wages even though she isn't working in my store.....

2. Holiday request for week 35 ..... no reply

3. holiday request change to week 43 .no reply (I now don't know which week I am allowed to take off)

and the one he DID reply to?

we had stock reduced to half price....... I have 97 units which I'm struggling to sell ........ Cath has none...she offered to take some off our hands as she coudl sell a LOT of them in her store........ I asked if I coudl transfer @ 20 units and he said "NO !!! you need the sales and it's not worth the hassle" WTF? it takes 5 minutes to transfer the stock to another store.....I sould send it up on our delivery lorry for free !!! .......we woudln't LOSE the money as the other store woudl technically be buying them off us and would generate more sales overall for the company !!!!!

I don't get it at all

*giggles*

I got my ass kicked today lol ......... he came down to tell me the layout of my store for when the Xmas stock arrives (2 1/2 weeks !!!!!! aaaaaaaaaargh) and went through my recent Audit while he was here....

I've been given until the 4th Oct when he will return to do a follow up audit which I MUST get 100% on or else........Pfffffffft easy peasy............or it will be if my deputy and senior sales decide to finally get their fingers out and take some responsibility for the store as well. At least this time HE told my deputy what the score was as both deputy and senior sales seem to think I'm just being bitchy when I have a go at them....this time it came straight from area manager so there's no excuses lol.

He also made a bet with me that I hadn't done last weeks date code check on biscuits properly and that he woudl definately find biscuits which go out of date before the next scheduled check........he bet his house on it.....I won lmfao !!! shame I didn't make him write it down or I'd be packing my stuff and getting ready to move into his swanky house next week
<

Ah well .....ass kicking aside, he still had a sense of humour so it wasn't too bad aaaaaaaaaaand I have permission to go shopping in Edinburgh after the Xmas conference next week to kill time until I pick my deputy up at 5.30 so Princes Street HERE I COME !!!!!!! *squeals*

Werbung:
Back