• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

*@@#$%^& Staff!

thistle

Now I was always brout up to believe that when you have a job, you DO it and you do it damn well. Afterall someone is giving YOU money, they are doing YOU the favour by allowing you to have a wage..........right?

So why am I stuck with one particular member of staff that seems to think she doesn't REALLY have to work when she is in?

At the moment I have one member of staff off long term as her husband is dying of Cancer, my weekend girl is on holiday as is one of my weekday staff. Another weekday member of staff had an operation on Tuesday and had to take a few days off to recover. So 4 members of staff down...........but that left me, Tina and Danielle.

We can cope I thought, Tina was going to cover the girls shift that had the op...........

She TEXTED my house phone on thursday morning and said "sorry my back is sore I won't be in at work" WTF???????????????

She KNEW it was only the 2 of us that day.........I had NO ONE else that could work as Danielle couldn't get a babysitter. I ended up having to pull a member of staff out of another store so I could stay open.

Today.......I was supposed to be having a long lie and Danielloe was going to open up for me, she has never done it by herself before so she was really looking forward to it. But NO NO NO NO..........Tina won't be at work again........I have to go in so Danielle can open the doors at 9.

Danielle has only got a babysitter until 12 o clock.

after that? who knows, the other stores can't spare anyone today apparently so it looks like I am going to have to close the doors at 12 on our busiest day of the week *rants*

Now while I am quite happy at the thought of finishing early, I have only just been given this bloody job and it looks so bad that my store is going to have to close so soon after I became manager.

I am so flippin sick of having to cover her shifts...........in fact the ONLY time I have had to call in staff from another store it's been to cover Tina's shifts. And even when she is in she is bone idle.

So thanks a @#$%^&* bunch Tina, way to make me look incompetent. Please just remember that I bent over backwards to give you your job back on a trial basis.......that trial is now over............guess what !!! you aint getting any contract.

Werbung:
<

Poor thisty, *hits Tina with a frying pan*

<clong>

This is not good, i think you need a jenna to run around the store
<
they're small and only need to be kept in a cupboard and fed aspargus or some vindaloo once a week!

<

I hopes you have a better day soon xoxoxoxoxoxox

Thisty, it wont look bad on you at all... you can't be expected to run the store single-handed!! It's not your fault that some people disrespect the fact that they have a job.... AND just think.... you can give her a bad reference
<

If I wasn't sick today, I'd come and help you
<
When you get home tonight after work, snuggle up with ubby and watch telly, even if telly is crap, just do it so you can snuggle and feel better. Tell him to give you a cuggle from Snowy too
<
<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tiddlyjen @ Jul 29 2006, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This is not good, i think you need a jenna to run around the store
<
they're small and only need to be kept in a cupboard and fed aspargus or some vindaloo once a week![/b]

<

I need TWO Jenna's to work for me and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 'sparagus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
AND just think.... you can give her a bad reference[/b]

lol wish I could but it's now illegal to give a bad reference
<
, if you can't give a good one you just don't give one at all (guess what my choice is
<
)

There was GOOD news waiting for me today tho....I get to interview for my deputy manager on Thursday
<
:D .......... I already know the guy that I want to employ, he works in a wee convenience store that I am in everyday which is closing down in a week. Normally Martin the area manager would do the interviews but as he used to be THEIR area manager he doesn't want to be accused of favouritism so I get to choose. Funny thing is one of the people I am interviewing is the manager of that store..........the same one who was offered MY job on a plate............by Martin lmao. But I shall keep an open mind for the time being then once I have done the interviews I shall offer Brian the job
<
,at least I know he works hard, NEVER phones in sick, is willing to do overtime and altho this sounds sexist......he is a BIG man so he's gotta come in handy for lifting heavy boxes and chasing thieves outta the place lol.

Oh man!!! am I confuddled or what?

so I interviewed Brian and Anne today............my head is minced. To make matters WORSE !! the guy I had offered the job to 6 weeks ago came into the store yesterday...

"I think I've made a mistake..........is the job still open?"

Now this guy I LOVED !!!! as soon as I interviewed him last time around I wanted to hire him but he got a better offer to stay where he was so obviously took it, unfortuantely for him the better offer came to nothing so he wants my deputy's job again :s

sooooooo...............

I have to choose between the following..

Brian: Pros - Really nice guy, could do the job standing on his head, extremely reliable, willing to work as and when I need him to, willing to work in other stores if required[/b]
cons - no driving licence, is prone to standing around talking and gossiping like an old woman lol [/b]

Anne: Pros - Nice woman, hard worker with lots of experience, will work wherever and whenever required, reliable, likes teambuilding
Cons - no driving licence, may not integrate with existing team too well, was area managers first choice for MY job.........and she knows it (might have to watch my back a bit with her around), history of serious back problems .......... officially this makes no difference as it could be classed as discrimination BUT in reality a lot of this job involves lifting so I have to consider that she MAY not be able to do the job completely and also that she MAY end up being off work due to this (she has been off sick for 5 months this year already)
and if she is off work I am back to square one, begging the managers of other stores to give me a day off
<

Carl: Pros - Soooooooooo unbelievably nice, experienced, will get on fantastically well with all the staff, is gauranteed to boost morale, willing to work extra if required. has a driving licence. Is obsessively tidy (this is something we badly need.......I am a tidy freak at work but at present have no one backing me up so it's looking a bit scruffy at the mo lol)

Cons - altho willing to work in other stores if required is not exactly keen to do so. Am not convinced that he will be totally commited to the job and won't just go looking for more money asap :s

What do I do???????????

This is so fecking hard, I spoke to Martin today and he basically told me that he does not want any part in making the decision as 2 of the favourites are his old staff. Now I can understand him saying that but dammit, I really wanted a bit of feedback from him lol.

I can't decide if I should go with the guy that everyone will love to bits, the woman who is definately the most experienced or the guy who is the best all rounder but not my first choice on any specific point.

<

Flippin heck, 4 months ago I'd have deffo gone with my personal feelings but I know I have to think of the needs of the business as well.

Do you think any of them would mind if it takes me a week to decide?

<

Edit: rofl at the wavey hand all through this post..............new smiley kins?
<
(you may wanna change the code thingy tho)

that really hacks me off, heres me struggling to find a new job, i never call in sick im always reliable, and theres people like the staff you have and they just dont give a *sweary word* its not fair
<
really feel for you! people in my old job used to not turn in for a week, and just walk back in and there job was still there, the idiocy of that place forced me to quit, i couldnt put up with it any longer

I have hired staff before and from what I have read, Brian is your best choice. Reliability is a good thing in staff.

Anne has the health/back issues and as you said, the fact that she was considred first for your job might make her less inclined to accept your authority.

Carl sounds great, but you are unsure of his commitment.

Ultimately though, go with your gut. You've met these people face to face.

I'm going with Brian
<

now for more work related moans lol..

I had a visit from a woman called Flo last week. She works in head office most of the time and is notoriously horrid.

She was reviewing my staffing issue when she was down and asked about Lizzie (the woman who is off long term) I told her that altho I hadn't spoken to Liz for a few weeks I did not expect her to return to work in the foreseeable future is at all...

she said..

"Well if she has no intention of returning to work she should resign so you could employ someone else"
<
:eek:

I went berserk and replied..

"Well her husband is DYING !! I think her priorities are elsewhere at the moment, plus she is legally entitled to as much unpaid leave as she feels she needs so I will NOT put pressure on the woman to make any decision she does not feel ready to make"

THEN...she started laying into Danielle who I recently promoted to be a keyholder..

"I think you made a mistake promoting that girl, she is far too young and is not responsible enough nor helpful enough to be a keyholder"

Again, I saw red lol.

"Excuse me Flo, but if it were not for Danielle giving me much needed support in the past few weeks I'd have probably been signed off work for stress, that girl has worked damn hard and deserves her promotion and I won't have her run down because she is only 18 years old"

Danielle proved my point today.

You see Lizzie's husband died a few days ago and his funerla is on Tuesday. As both Lizzie's friend and manager I really want to go to his funeral but I could not get cover for the store....

Danielle is officially on holiday for the next week but phoned me to say she would come into work for a few hours so I could go.

The actions of an irresponsible, lazy, selfish girl????????? I don't think so. So next time you come down and insult my staff Flo just remember that if they do YOU no favours it is because you are a cold hearted, thoughtless, mean spirited, insenstive old BITCH that no one likes
<
so really it is your problem and not mine.

Werbung:
Back