• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Sprained ankle

Potholer

I'm really really angry. About 6 weeks ago I rolled my ankle playing ultimate frisbee. It still hurts. What really really gets up my nose is that when I went to the doctor the day after doing it (cos I couldn't walk on it at all, it hurt so bad) she says "Looks like a bad sprain, lets put some better strapping on that". And that was it. No recommendations on going to the physio, no post-injury care, nothing at all.

I assumed physio was just something you could do to heal faster but no big deal, your body is capable of healing itself. But no, I find out NOT going to a phsyio can result in permanent damage and seeing as I can't sit back on my heels without horrible pain after 6 freaking weeks, I'm not a happy chappie. Sitting with my legs crossed hurts like hell. And this is after 2 physio appointments with not a whole lot of change (though she's good at what she does and I was recommended this place). I'm so so pissed off the doctor didn't tell me ANYTHING at all. I've missed 6 weeks of ultimate, and there's only one game left of the season which i wont be playing for and I can't play next season cos I'm leaving halfway through and I missed half of last season cos of freaking glandular fever.

I hate it!

:(.

And now I've swelled it all up doing my exercises which possibly I did too much of but she said to do it a lot.... owies :(
:(

Werbung:
Ouch.. I'm sorry to hear that =(
I did the same thing once.. I thought I broke my ankle cause it snapped soo loud.. Same thing happened to me, no recommendations they just said it would be fine it's just a bad sprain. That was 3 years ago, and now it still occasionally hurts, especially if I stretch or jump or even if I just walk too much.
I hope that doesn't happen to you!! That really sucks that you have to miss the last ultimate frisbee game :( I hope your ankle gets better soon! *hugs*

Back