• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Sore/chapped Lips - Help!

Snowbaby

I'm not normally one for suffering from sore or chapped lips. But of late they have been very nippy, peeling and sore.

I've been using vaseline religiously throughout the day but it's not helping other than to soothe. Anyone got any suggestions?
<

Werbung:
Boots "mediterranean" Olive, sage and almond wonder balm.
<

Tis similar (ish) to vaseline but tastes nice and is MUCH more effective on chapped lips (plus it's great for dry skin too)

I got a pot of it last year for my birthday and I'd be lost without it now.

<

And another cople of tips courtesy of my granny's wee herbal notebook lol.

mix honey and sugar together and massage into dry lips to soften.

Hold a wet teabag against cracked lips for a few minutes......the tannic acid in tea apparently help to soothe the skin and helps it to heal faster.

I've never tried either of those.....but the honey one sounds yummy.

i would recoment vaseline (petroleum jelly) its really cheap you can get a big tub for 1 pound i always have it with me and when i do get chapped lips i put it on everytime my lips feel dry or when theres none on my lips but if you need a emergency fix then everytime theres none on your lips especially in the morning and just before you go to bed believe me it workes my lips were better in just a few days
<

Werbung:
i like to use aquaphor, or burt bees wax, but if my lips are really bad i use softlips chapstick it works real well and it makes your lips soft!

or.. i have a bad habit of picking at my lips if they are dry and peeling
<

Back