• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Something I Got On Facebook

Potholer

Serious topic, with some amusing comebacks. Reading this made me steadily more angry at the reasons for being against gay marriage. SOme people are DUMB. I have no idea what the propisition 8 thing is - is the proposition to ban gay marriage? (I'm kinda dumb too...)

Top Ten Reasons Gay Marriage is Wrong

1. Being gay is not natural.
And real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning, tattoos, piercings and silicon breasts...

2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay.
In the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior.
People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract. Lamps are next.

4. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all.
Hence why women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed.
And we can't let the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage be destroyed.

6. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children.
So therefore, gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our population isn't out of control, our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children.
Since, of course, straight parents only raise straight children.

8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion.
In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home.
Which is exactly why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms.
Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

Re-post this if you believe love makes a marriage.
Vote NO on Proposition 8

Werbung:
LOL, some of those comebacks are fantastic !!

I don't understand all the fuss personally ...... when 2 STRAIGHT people get married it doesn't affect my life in any way shape or form so can't see why the world is going to end if 2 Gay people do the same thing.

Some people just have too much spare time on their hands if all they can do is interefere with other people.

I do PARTLY agree with number 9. I think that a person cannot properly function without having had a male andf female role model in their lives. However, I don't think that it is a good reason for banning gay marriage, as I am sure that a gay person will have a female/male friend who can be a role model for the child.

Anyone who uses those arguements for a reason to ban gay marriae has a hole in their head.

Banning marriage altogether, now theres an idea :p

LOL!!!

Prop 8 was a prop taking away the rights of gay people to get married. It passed, and I am bummed. I have lots of gay friends that deserve to get married more than I did.

I saw this on MySpace and reposted it because I thought it was great, and here it is again!

I don't get what the big deal about being gay is, or gay marraige, or any of that. I think when 2 people are in love and actually WANT to get married, they should be able to.

But unfortunately, most of California doesn't think so...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Subby @ Nov 8 2008, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
California voted in Arnie too didn't they?

Obviously a place full of thinkers :p[/b]
Funny...very very funny... :rolleyes:

They are calling him The Taxinator now too, as if he wasn't embarrassing enough by himself...

I thought we were supposed to be a bunch of liberal hippies here in California!!

lol I wasn't trying to insult you.

Lets be honest, if Australia were to elect a president from celebrities we'd probably end up with russell crowe.... and scotland would vote in sean connery.

I find any law that people back up with something along the lines of "but its tradition" to be a waste of space.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Subby @ Nov 9 2008, 05:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
lol I wasn't trying to insult you.

Lets be honest, if Australia were to elect a president from celebrities we'd probably end up with russell crowe.... and scotland would vote in sean connery.

I find any law that people back up with something along the lines of "but its tradition" to be a waste of space.[/b]
I wasn't insulted...I didn't vote for the dude, LOL!

But you can't go that route with Russell Crow and Sean Connery, because the Governator isn't even from America, shoot, he can't even say California! LOL!!! Australia would end up with Julio Iglesias and Scotland would end up with Sylvester Stallone!!

And I agree with you on the "but it's tradition" crap. We change and evolve every day. Why shouldn't gay people be allowed to marry? In my opinion, it's because people are hung up on the sex part, which is none of our business, gay or straight.

I think people should be allowed to do what they want with who they want. Despite the fact that I think it's disgusting, I think if they are happy, then gay people should be allowed to marry.

As hard as it is to ignore, its best to just let people think what they want. Gay marriage doesnt affect me so why should I try to keep others from loving the person they want. Those people are just closed-minded and will most likely always be that way. You cant help who you love.

Werbung:
As hard as it is to ignore, its best to just let people think what they want. Gay marriage doesnt affect me so why should I try to keep others from loving the person they want. Those people are just closed-minded and will most likely always be that way. You cant help who you love.

^I agree... to each their own

Christina
xoxo

Back