• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Shopping for Dresses Online

sillylucy

Hey everyone. I'm trying to find a plus size prom dress for my younger sister online. We are just scared that it is going to come and we'll have to deal with returning it because it won't fit properly. Has anyone took a chance and loved a dress they bought (for any occasion) online? Any tips on measuring her? Thanks!

Werbung:
This is my biggest fear about buying online. Fortunately, many sites have reviews from customers. The reviews including how the dress fits true to size, the material and the fit.

Good luck findings a fantastic dress!

Hi Lucy, I have brought clothes online from ASOS. I love how they offer free international shipping and they have hundreds of different dresses. Some are from famous brands and others are their own brand. What's even better is that they have a plus size range of dresses that actually look nice. I'm not a plus size but if I were I'd buy some of their dresses. The only thing is the sizes are UK sizes, however they have a conversion chart with US sizes ect.. The sales are also insane, there are some good deals to be had. If you're looking for a prom dress I'd go a size up as it's easy to take it in a little and would take too long to send back for another size.

Good luck, hope your sister finds a dress she loves. :D

One of your best bets might be to actually buy off a site like Ebay instead. That way, you don't put very much money into it at all, and the money saved can be spent directly on having it tailored to fit. So long as it's close to the right size (don't be afraid to ask for specific measurements), then the rest can be altered.

On some stores they have a size chart available. They will say that a small is a ____ and will give approximate measurements for chest, hips, etc. You could also contact the company and see if they have sizing charts. I love online shopping online and usually do most of my shopping online.

I have not tried buying a dress online, I would just looks for some styles or designs and try to look for a dress similar to it on some local stores here.
I think you most probably can find such dress on eBay and measurements needed I think are the shoulders, the waist, the hips, length of the dress and length from waist to hips. ;)

Werbung:
If I were you, I'd check out modcloth--well, if your sister is really into vintage designs. I believe they have dress measurements available, so as long as your sister knows her own measurements, then you should find something that fits. As someone earlier mentioned, they do also have a user-feedback which will tell you whether or not clothes run true-to-size. Not all of the dresses are super fancy though, just a warning :). However, they are very stylish and can be dressed up with accessories. ASOS is also great, you should definitely check it out too.

Best of luck to you and your sis :)

Back