• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Saddam Hussein Has Been Put To Death

Snowbaby

Saddam Hussein, former dictator of Iraq, has been hanged for his role in committing crimes against humanity.

The execution was filmed as proof of Saddam’s death, and edited parts of the footage has been released to Iraqi television.

In stills from the video, the former president's face was uncovered, he appeared calm and said a brief prayer as Iraqi policemen walked him to the gallows and put the noose round him, the witness said.

US President George W. Bush, who branded Saddam a tyrant and a threat to global security even though alleged nuclear and other weapons were not found after America's 2003 invasion, hailed the execution as a "milestone" on Iraq's path to democracy.

However, even as news of the hanging broke, the deaths of four troops pushed the American death toll in Iraq to three short of the emotive 3000 mark.

Mr Bush already faces mounting public dismay at the war as Iraq slides toward all-out civil war between Saddam's fellow Sunnis and majority Shiites.

Yesterdays execution came at dawn for Iraqis on one of the holiest dates of the Muslim year.

As the call to prayer echoed out from minarets across a dark and bitterly cold Baghdad, officially-backed television channels flashed the news.

The senior official who witnessed the hanging, said: "He seemed very calm. He did not tremble."

Saddam, 69, was bound and shackled, but his face was uncovered as he met his death.

Source

Werbung:
OMG have you seen the WHOLE video. No wonder they are attacking Americans. They spit and abused Saddam as they were putting the noose over his head and kicked and punched him while he shouted why are you doing this is killing me not enough. Then they mocked and jeered him and hung him to applauds and laughter. It was sick and something that even Saddam never did during his years as a dictator.

I watched the BBC video, it showed right up till the noose was put round his neck - it showed nothing like you describe.

Who knows what is the truth. This will still go on and on.

Werbung:
<
it makes me feel safer
<
<
<

Back