• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Rip Baby Biscuit

Snowbaby

Poor baby Hammy, had to be put to sleep tonight.
<

post-1-1180656468_thumb.jpg

Werbung:
Ty thisty and tilly xxxx

On Sunday evening I was in bed watching tv, Stewart came up and said he thought Biscuit was sick. So I came to investigate. She was breathing really fast and was very unstable on her feet.

She was same Monday morning so I called up the vets, they said to take her in Monday evening. The vet nurse said her lungs were clear - she expected there to be fluid in her lungs, which would cause fast breathing - she said her heart was fine, and no mass anywhere (tumour). The vet nurse gave her 2 injections, antibiotic and steroid. And to take her back in Wednesday evening for a check-up.

I put her back in her cage Monday evening - she slept from then until Tuesday... in the exact spot I put her in
<
There hasn't been any improvement, she's slept constantly, and only wandered about her cage for a drink, which we've had to feed to her. When I went in tonight, the vet said it's neurological as she's gotten no better and was very very unsteady when walking. He didn't offer any further treatment, but I didn't want her to get anymore. She's so tiny, it's not fair. So he said it was best to let her go. My poor baby.

I know she's "only" a hamster, but she was our wee baby. I've not emptied her cage yet
<

Awww, that's so sad. I know it's so hard to lose pets no matter how small they are. You should be happy you were able to make the decision to put her down, looking back I see that I waited far too long in some cases since I wasn't able to let go.

Hope you're feeling better.
<

xox

Werbung:
Oh Aunty Fee im so sorry.

At least you know that shes Peaceful and in no pain now,

Thats the way to look at it.

Muchest Love and Hugs for my Aunty Fee xxxxxxxxxx

Back