• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Resisting muscles

altrouge

This is actually related to every girl's time of month moment. Not sure if I'm posting on the right section, but please bear with me.

You see, I've always used a pad. But yesterday I've decided to put on a tampon. Virgin here by the way. I put it on for the first time with the aid of my mother (she doesn't mind seeing these, she's a nurse). Lubricant on tampon : check. So my first try wasnt painful at all , just a weird feeling, like I can feel it going up and deep. Now, when the applicator was almost fully in (without the handle of course), it wont move. Well i pushed but it seems like the muscles up there are resisting, and i can see the applicator getting pushed out ,well it looks like it's sliding back out. It pushed back in though with the help of my mother. Now, to actually push the tampon out of the applicator. The same happened, something is pushing it back! So my mammy quickly pushed it in and done.

This morning, my mother was at work so I put it all by myself. Same thing happened. And because I can't seem to push it against that freaking muscle, the tampon was not properly resting in my thing there, bad part is, it was too low that I can literally see the tampon butt in the mirror, like it's just sitting peacefully a bit above my hymen. Had no choice but to take it out and put a pad on because i was running in late.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm pretty sure that resistance wasn't my cervix entrance. Also, I put the tampon while lying in, is that the problem? I'm also relaxed, I believe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Werbung:
Hey, I can relate to your story as I had a very similar experience. I gave up and just stuck with a sanitary towel, I found one eventually that suited me. However, I know that tampons can be so much more comfortable when inserted properly.

I found these sites that may prove helpful for anyone wanting to try using tampons. The instructions are simple and in fact, has me thinking that I should give it another try. (-:

http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/tampon.html

and

http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/azhealthtopics/ht/How_Insert_Tamp.htm

Hope you got it sorted!

Perhaps you're using a tampon that's not your size. Tampon should have sizes too, don't they? It's been a long time since I've worn one so I can't remember if there are different sized Tampons. Anyway, if there are different sizes, perhaps you should try the smallest size first until you get used to it. It's not safe to wear a tampon not inserted properly. The tampon might slip out and you'll have a mess at hand. Now I only use sanitary pad because tampons are so expensive.

Perhaps you're using a tampon that's not your size. Tampon should have sizes too, don't they? It's been a long time since I've worn one so I can't remember if there are different sized Tampons. Anyway, if there are different sizes, perhaps you should try the smallest size first until you get used to it. It's not safe to wear a tampon not inserted properly. The tampon might slip out and you'll have a mess at hand. Now I only use sanitary pad because tampons are so expensive.

Hey there. Well I was using Tampax Pearl Regular so it's pretty much an average size. Next time I might try the smallest one they have on my next period. I find it hard to find that tampax pearl light though, they always seem to be getting out of stock in stores.

Hey, I can relate to your story as I had a very similar experience. I gave up and just stuck with a sanitary towel, I found one eventually that suited me. However, I know that tampons can be so much more comfortable when inserted properly.

I found these sites that may prove helpful for anyone wanting to try using tampons. The instructions are simple and in fact, has me thinking that I should give it another try. (-:

http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/tampon.html

and

http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/azhealthtopics/ht/How_Insert_Tamp.htm

Hope you got it sorted!

Hello there, thank you for the links :) I was using tampax pearl regular that time and that's not the smallest size tampon they have (second smallest actually) so I might get the "light" one since that's the smallest and see if it makes a difference.

Try the teen versions! They actually do sell slightly smaller ones that are labeled specifically for teens. Going with a "lighter" version may make a difference, but it tends to just mean they're smaller around and not actually shorter.

Also, instead of doing it lying down, do it standing with your knee bent. As in, like when you're using the bathroom, put one leg up on the bathtub edge.

Instead of inserting the graphic that people may not want to see, I'm leaving it as a link so you can click. It's a drawing and just anatomical: http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/Images/tampon.gif

See how one leg is bent upward? Try it like that because it'll move the muscles into different places and make it a lot easier to insert.

Hey there, thanks for the feedback, I popped in to check if you had come right. It is SO important to be comfortable in all ways at that special 'time of the month'. (-:

Let us know once you get it sorted. It really is a challenge being female sometimes (wink) but such an awesome privilege too. Again thank you for the feedback and I am pretty sure that once you try the smaller ones, it will be more suitable and comfortable!

Try the teen versions! They actually do sell slightly smaller ones that are labeled specifically for teens. Going with a "lighter" version may make a difference, but it tends to just mean they're smaller around and not actually shorter.

Also, instead of doing it lying down, do it standing with your knee bent. As in, like when you're using the bathroom, put one leg up on the bathtub edge.

Instead of inserting the graphic that people may not want to see, I'm leaving it as a link so you can click. It's a drawing and just anatomical: http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/Images/tampon.gif

See how one leg is bent upward? Try it like that because it'll move the muscles into different places and make it a lot easier to insert.

I have never seen a tampon with a teen version :eek:. Does Tampax provide something like that? When I first started using a tampon I just positioned like when you're doing missionary (lol) because when I can't see the hole I'm finding it hard because I can't where I'm poking at and somehow it just feels weirder that way.
Hey there, thanks for the feedback, I popped in to check if you had come right. It is SO important to be comfortable in all ways at that special 'time of the month'. (-:

Let us know once you get it sorted. It really is a challenge being female sometimes (wink) but such an awesome privilege too. Again thank you for the feedback and I am pretty sure that once you try the smaller ones, it will be more suitable and comfortable!

I'm going to town tomorrow, so I might have a look around and buy those Tampax light tampons. My next period won't arrive until around the 21st so I still can't try out the tips here. I'll let you guys know about my progress :p. I'm a bit worried though. When I used those tampons my period was fairly light and it wasn't really soaked with blood, but I didn't have problems pulling it out. I'm thinking that if I use the smaller ones and suddenly my period just starts going heavy I'll leak halfway through the day.

I can't seem to open the image, Jessi. My computer saved the image but I can't seem to open it. Anyway, when I was using tampons, I find it easy to have it inserted if I squat; not fully just slightly bent my knees.

Umi, that's because the link is now broken. It was hotlinked on the site I pulled it from even, so it came up as a blank image on my source's page, too. I'm sorry!

I reuploaded it and it looks like this: http://i40.tinypic.com/5a5jjo.gif
Okay got it. Good thing that you gave the link. To put the images on here would be a little vulgar. It's pretty graphic especially the first image.

Werbung:
LMBO!! After reading this I realized, 'Damn, I MUST be getting old because all I can remember
about tampons is that you're supposed to point the applicator when attempting insertion at your
lower back'. I stopped using tampons I think my last year of high school ( little over 11 yrs ago )
because I was so incredibly absent minded that I would actually FORGET I had a tampon in
and would insert another...while the first little guy was still up there:confused: I know you're not
supposed to be physically able to fit two tampons up your Hoo Hah, but apparently I have
some super deep guts because I had to go to the doctor twice to get multiple tampons removed.

It was embarassing and freaky and actually I was told that I was lucky because I could have
easily set myself up for Toxic Shock Syndrome, which is pretty major so be sure to read all
inserts in the tampon boxes you purchase. At any rate, I've used sanitary napkins now for years
and hope you find a rhythm that works for you. Try squatting while attempting to insert your
tampon next time...and RELAX!!

Back