• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Regrets

Seffiata

Hi girls! I think most of us have a lot to share and talk about when we think of regrets, but we rarely say anything out loud. Today I was thinking about things i regret not doing , some of those things were small things, but still had big repercussions; some were big and had almost no repercussions.

If I were asked what are the two incidents I regret most, I'd have to answer this: 1) Dropping out med school and 2) Not telling that very nice guy why I declined his marriage proposal.

Oh yes. The latter is something that has been bothering me lately, I'm being teased by my own mind with a lot ''what ifs'', but truth is I was forced to go down that path (forced by some circumstances I won't talk about here).

I know there is no point in regretting what is done and long gone, but there are some things that are so hard to ignore.

Werbung:
Most people have a few things they regret ever doing; however, being able to forgive oneself and do away with such painful emotions is the greatest gift one can give to oneself. I remember three years ago I took my daughter to a park and found a friend there and as were conversing, my daughter strolled to a nearby estate. I searched for her for 30 minutes! That was the worst moment of my life and to make it worse, I was condemning myself all that time.

Since then, I am more careful when I take my daughter for an outing.

Wow, Sarah, that sounds awful! At least it wasn't for too long, and you found your daughter safe too :) I think this kind of things happen for a reason, at least now you are more careful when taking your daughter out for a stroll. I see this kind of life changing experiences as very positive, because they motivate us to be better and change some things that needed to be changed. That is really good!

I see regret as a time when we have to make the best decision we can in in the given circumstances. We can look back and learn from them or pick up again later on what we chose not to do. There are many things I regret, but they have made me the person I am, so we also learn to live with regret and see them as lessons learned instead.

Wow, Sarah, that sounds awful! At least it wasn't for too long, and you found your daughter safe too :) I think this kind of things happen for a reason, at least now you are more careful when taking your daughter out for a stroll. I see this kind of life changing experiences as very positive, because they motivate us to be better and change some things that needed to be changed. That is really good!
True, such experiences builds one's character. This experience and many others have taught me to look at the positive side of every painful situation. It has also enabled me to be more realistic with myself. Sometimes, one would like to be a super mom, but this is not realistic. Making mistakes is part of life and learning from our mistakes is the greatest favor we can do for ourselves.

Werbung:
I see regret as a time when we have to make the best decision we can in in the given circumstances. We can look back and learn from them or pick up again later on what we chose not to do. There are many things I regret, but they have made me the person I am, so we also learn to live with regret and see them as lessons learned instead.

Thanks Gabriella that was a really nice thought, and I understand why people wouldn't want to talk about their regrets here ;) I have several regrets, but if I hadn't made all those mistakes I'd not be the person I am now! I am so strong, dedicated and focused now and all that is thanks to all the things that happened in the past. Of course, I am going to try to make the best decisions I can now on, but if I screw up again I'll try not to be so harsh on myself.

Back