• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Outraged about new rules at work...

SarahLizzie

I work as a cook in a local busy high volume restaurant. They are now enforcing a new rule where females are not permitted to carry purses into the building, and while we are on the clock we are not permitted to go retrieve anything from our cars during our shift. This means that if we are having our menstraul cycle we need to ask our management staff to retrieve a tampon or pad from the office for use. I feel this is a total invasion of our privacy to have to make it known when we are having our periods and how frequenly we needto use the restroom. How would you feel if your management staff, of all male managers was requiring this new rule?

Werbung:
This is a very strange rules. When I worked in a department stores, we had to carry plastic bags as purses. They had to be clear plastic. This rule was to prevent employee theft. Why are they not permitting purses in the restaurant? Offer the plastic bag alternative. If they don't go for that, I would carry my tampons/napkins in my bra. :D

Good luck.

I agree on the idea of using clear plastic or clear purses if they just worry about thefts in your workplace.
It is not convenient that you are not allowed to bring personal things and more inconvenient to ask for it from the assigned person from time to time.

I don't think this is right at all. If it is and it continues, I would embarrass your manager in the process of retrieving a pad or tampon. I can also be an outspoken person who does not get embarrassed. Maybe tell your boss the details of why you need to change it often. Do something that makes the manager uncomfortable (without being mean or rude-just blunt) about you getting such needed items from them. Maybe then they will allow you to carry a purse again for such situations. I know this sounds like crazy advice, but it may change the situation quickly. Hey, if they are invading your privacy why not make them feel uncomfortable about doing it?

If they allow a tiny bag which will fit just a couple tampons and a couple pads, that would be a great idea. It is not big enough to steal anything and you will be able to have your privacy.

Dconklin, I doubt it's actually the manager who decided on this rule, though, and they're probably just following orders from above.

It does seem pretty excessive that you're not even allowed to get anything from your car. What exactly are they expecting you guys to do?!

These changes usually come from corporate and not some middle management. I'm sure your boss hates implementing these changes as well. Just go with the flow for now and don't get to caught up in the changes. Your stress levels rising is so not worth it.

On what planet? You can't get away with that here in the USA. I would be headed straight to the labor board for my state and the Better Business Bureau if they are listed there. It's plain wrong and I would leave the company for this basis. Unless you signed something, you CAN fight this.

Werbung:
I don't work so this isn't a problem for me, but they had this sort of rule at my school and it annoyed the crap out of me.
To do this is by far an invasion of not only employee rights but human rights.

As a woman during that time it is a private and personal issue; you should have to ask anyone for feminine products.

If it was my workplace I would head straight for the regional offices and if that didn't work I would call a lawyer file a suit claiming a biased workplace or employer and fight that rule because that isn't right at all.

Back