• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Mystery Man

sillylucy

I met this guy online and we have been flirting for about a week or two now and he says he likes me, but I don't know much about him. I ask about his personal life and then he says that he needs to remain mysterious to keep me interested or he says he is boring and doesn't have much to say. Should I just jump this dud?

Werbung:
Please be careful!! There is a fine line between mysterious and lying! He shouldn't want to stay mysterious if he wants to get to know you! My instinct (and I could be wrong) is that he is hiding something! Now, online that is usually one of two things... 1) he is married or in a long-term relationship and just looking for something to make him feel good 2) he is older than he says he is. My money is on the first.

Proceed with caution - do not give him any personal information like address etc and do not arrange to meet. I would tell him you are interested in getting to know him and therefore, he doesn't need to be mysterious. If he is still cagey - dump him and move on.

I agree with Livvi. Proceed with caution. There is a lot of danger on-line when you do not know who you are talking with. Just stay friends and if he does not want to give you information leave him be. Also if he does get friendly, take it slow. You are better sticking with friends you actually know. It is safer.

I think perhaps it is time to move on. I can understand wanting to be mysterious etc, but I mean...you are in contact via the internet - you need more to connect. Seems like this is just a kind of diversion for him...but remember that there are many real and genuine men out there looking for a good woman. Do not allow the duds to stop you from meeting the 'real men'. Happy dating!

Werbung:
I agree, treat with caution. Although, some guys do think it's cool to be "mysterious". Maybe you could give him one more chance and tell him that it makes you uncomfortable to not know anything about him. Also, tell him that you would greatly appreciate having an idea of who you are talking to.

And if he still insists, don't bother. You can meet other better people online.

Back