• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

My Turn...

Subby

Alright where do I start lol

About 2 weeks ago we found out that my dept manager was leaving us to work in another department. This in turn left a supervisors position vacant in our office. Now, due to the fact I had been in there a while i decided to go for it. Anyhow.... one of the other 2 people I work with in there went for it also. She is a woman who can only work backshifts once every two weeks, due to commitments with her kids. I thought, well... after all this time that the others have had to carry the extra backshifts when she can't... she suddenly available anytime... is a bit of a slap in the face, but whatever.... thats not really my problem.

Now, considering this company is one of those where its not what you know, its who you know.... I figured considering she has been in the office probably 2 years more then me, she will get it... that doesn't bother me.

Now I got through the interview, and thought I was ok....

Now the assistant manager who did the interviews came to speak to me today (who I really like, hes honest and a nice guy) and gave me feedback. he told me I hadn't got the job. I wasn't in shock, and was fine with it really..... Until.... he said the following.

"You're interview was outstanding.... I knew from the first answer you gave you would get calmost full marks for your questions... It was one of the few best I have ever held."

I was in shock, i didn't think I was that good.... However he then said....

"You in fact, were the best interview from everyone going for the job"

....Say what?

"After talking to your manager, and the store manager about this.. and how impressed I am with you... Their imput was important to head to the decision of you not quite fitting this job just yet"

...OHHH... Hold on back up.... your saying, since I don't deal wioth the store manager more then once a week.. in fact havent seen him in about 8 weeks myself.... my manager has basically gone and said that this other girl was better then me...?

The same girl who bitches about how *sweary word* the job is, how she thinks every manager is a tool..... how she hates my other co-worker..... How when my manager isn't around she takes no responsibility for any of the work..... The fact when my co-worker was being trained by us... she turned her mobile off at night so she would not be able to call her to answer any questions..... The person who was told she was going to be till trained, and said "if they think i'll work on the tills they have another thing coming"......

I have gone in on my own time to help out, I have split my shifts to cover people.... I have always stepped up to carry the workload when she is with me, due to her not pulling her weight..... and I have told my manager this, and she was helping me deal with it..... However..... my mangaer is good friends with this girl, in fact they go out drinking and all all the time... and are around at each others place often.....

The only thing thats keeping me from being angry was the line from the assistant manager saying the phrase " we think you are too good for the cash office... If your career lies with us, given your doing the computer course it might not be, but if it does... we could see you slip in quite quickly as a dept manager or something like that.... maybe another dept might be the area for you to work in"

.....Yep, and leave them to rot when the only worker they have whos fully competant is gone lol

Werbung:
Sounds typical... "You're great but your manager wont allow you to move forward".

That sucks big time
<

Tell me about it.... Its not like I think I'm perfect, I know I am sure to have areas I need to work on... but this other persons attitude is so appaling.... I can't remember a day where she hasn't complained about how crap the job up there is... and now shes leading the department....

I get the feeling they may want me next time something comes up.... However, that depends on whether I am still with them lol

<

They'll realise soon enough they made a mistake. It's very tempting to say "stuff them I'm gonna stop being so helpful" BUT ..... the last thing you want is for her to turn around to those hugher up and say "Yeah Scott's been a lazy unhelpful git just cos he didn't get the job"..........carry on as you are but make sure that any mistakes SHE makes are laid at her door and force her to take responsibility for her own damn mistakes.

Unfortunately you not only work in company that gives jobs to friends and family we live in an entire town that has that attitude and it sucks.

Just think about the day when you DO get out of the cash office into a job you are going to enjoy more with a better pay than she is and laugh about the fact that she is stuck there in a job that she hates.

*huggles*

Yep, I definitely agree with thistle... this is really too bad though, I know how that feels.
<

You'll get the opportunity you deserve soon enough.
<

Its not all doom and gloom, I am disappointed that I have NEVER had negative feedback from my dept manager..... but thats what swayed it away from me, and to the other person..... I will take that up with her before she leaves for the other department lol

At closing tonight the store general manager came to me (the one I hadnt seen in months) and discussed stuff with me... and even though I didn't get this opportunity he pretty much says that they are all impressed and are now keeping there eyes on me... I said I have to show what I can do, rather then just be one of the team.... and so forth... but he was asking me all about my past and stuff, and hinted that I could be of use in another department....

Im feeling a bit better, but I still have my own dept manager to ask questions of lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Subby @ Jul 26 2007, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Its not all doom and gloom, I am disappointed that I have NEVER had negative feedback from my dept manager..... but thats what swayed it away from me, and to the other person..... I will take that up with her before she leaves for the other department lol[/b]

I think it's time for some office practical jokes
<

Werbung:
Back