• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

My daughter just had a wreck :(

amylisa1127

My 18 year old was on her way to the gym when she hit a car. She is ok, thank God, that is all that matters to me. As a young girl she is just worried about her car. She just bought it 6 months ago and although it will need some body work it is not that bad. She is really freaking out about what her dad will do, although he understands it was just an accident. I can't make her realize that we don't care about the car we are just thankful she is ok. I guess with age priorities are all different! I'm pretty sure I would have been the same way at that age.

Werbung:
She sounds like me when I had my first accident. I was 18 years old and the first thing I could think of doing (in shock) is to message everyone I was close with to tell them what happened. When I first called my mom I was hysterical because all I could think of was OMG my parents are going to kill me. She was freaking out and stressed to. But I think the worse part was when the girl told me I had to write down in detail and draw pictures of what happened to determine who was at fault at the time. Thats when I probably lost it because I didnt remember anything due to shock. But like any young person, I think we just look at our car and lose it realizing how much money in damage we just cost on our car.

I don't think it's always just the younger crowd that have look at the value of their car rather than the value of their life. A few months ago I was rear ended by someone who had rear ended them. The chick and her mother that rear ended us were completely crazy and they kept freaking out about their car and yelling at the person who had hit them. I ended up feeling sorry for the girl who started the accident because she was being accosted by these crazy people for a hour before the freaking cop showed up. I was just glad that both my husband and I were okay.

Well I hope your daughter has calmed down and put the whole incident in perspective. I would think given time she will understand how lucky sh eis no one was hurt and that cars can be fixed or replaced-people can't. Sounds like she has a lot of support from you and her dad-which is another thing she should be grateful for. Many parents would not have been as understanding as you were and would have flown off the handle.

Kudos to you mom!!:)

I killed a mailbox the first time I wrecked my car. My brother was in the car with me and the first thing that popped out of my mouth was, "Should I run?". My brother died laughing. I had to replace the mailbox but they didn't ask for anything else. However, because of that one incident, I am called the "Mailbox Killer". They still make fun of me to this day. So, just tell her that accidents happen and we have all done it. At least no one was hurt.

Glad to read your daughter is okay. I held my breadth when I opened this thread and started to read it. I hope your daughter's insurance will fix her car like new and she will be on her merry way again. She will laugh at this years from now.

Well, that is the reason why I don't ever like to learn how to drive. I can be really hysterical at situations like that.

Good thing your daughter has not been hurt in the accident. And hopefully she would be able to get over the bad experience soon. :)

Werbung:
Glad to know she is okay. :)
I think it was really age related and it is because she bought it with her own money. It will be very disappointing to see something you had bought through your earned money to be damaged like that. Just hope it has insurance.

Back