• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Mock Exams

Potholer

I don't know if any of you have them. They're also known as mid-terms. But they're there for practice for the real exams at the end of the eyar. You know the ones. That determine you WHOLE FUTURE and could result in you being A BUM for the rest of you life.

</exageration>

So mocks are on and I'm meant to be studying but you know waht is REALLY weird? I want to study. That's right. I want to study. I'm scared. I would rather get off the computer and study a few vases than stay. I'm starting to really freak myself out here.

But anyway. I just had history yesterday which went ok (after several scary dreams the night before, heh) and now I've got statistics, french, classics (*SCREAM*) and ...um.... I always forget the last one...general science! That's it.

You know what is the best way to study? Read the same information but in different formats. Like, read your 2 textbooks you've got for one subject. Or look up revision sites on the internet. Anything, just to see the same information differently.

Damn mocks.

Werbung:
Ok, I passed the I-have-to-study-ahhhh phase and now I just don't care

<

Yus.

Ok, in an effort to learn the vases for classics I'm going to write some down here and pretty them up with colours and fonts. Maybe not pretty it up. Eh, depends how much I can be bothered doing
<

Wooo

1. The Francois Vase - 570BC, painted by Cleitius and potted by Ergotimos. That one is easy enough.
2. Then The Lydos Painter with the Return of hephaestion on it. Dated 560-550. painted by 'The Lydian' potter unknown. It is a Crater vase.
3. Same time (560-550) are the 2 lekythoi by The Amasis Painter. Potte unkown. One has domestic scenes on it (weaving, ... and.... *checks* washing! Oh I so knew that) and on the other one is a random scene (I'm having issues with spelling today) of some people on a wagon.
4. Ok, I'm stumped already. So instead of going in order, I'll just do whatever I can. Euphronius and Euthymides both have wases at 510-500BC. Euthy's one is an amphora with Hector arming for war with his parents and some drunken revellers. Euphri's one is a kalyx krater and depicts the wrestling match between Heracles and the giant horrible guy called Antaios. On....Euthy's one he's written "Euphronius could never do this" hahaha, such a sense of humour.

Oh Exekias liked doing 'quiet moments'. His 540-530BC belly amphora has Achilles and Ajax playing a boardgame (quiet moment during the Trojan War). And it also has Pollux and Castor being greeted by their parents. Nice quiet and homely. On his drinking cup is Dionysus after he has scared some sailors witless with mysterious winds and flute music as well as making grapes grow from the mast. Then they got so scared they jumped over board and Dionysus turned them into dolphins. And the eyecup shows him sitting in the boat, drinking away while the dolphin swim around.

Hmmmm what else...

At 500-480BC is the Berlin painter *checks* YUS. He uses the space much differently with a wee strip at the lip on both sides and the rest just black. On one side is Achilles vs Hector (supported by their godly supporters) and on the reverse is Achilles vs the not so godly Memnon, supported by their mothers.

The kleophrades pointed amphora has such a thin base that it needs a stand to stay upright. It and it's characters Dionysus, the maenads and the satyrs are dated at 500-490BC. Then somewhere in 490BC to 480BC he made another vase, called a hydria. And this one is cool. In a horribly sad kind of way. It depicts the sacking of Priam's palace at the end of the Trojan War. Some people (with young children) are fleeing to become refugees, Priam is holding his dead young son and weeping, Cassandra is clinging to a statue of Artemis in hopes of getting divine protection against the soldiers who are about to kill her. It's all very terrible.

Then after Kleo follows Makron with his skyphos (normal drinking cup) dated at around 480-470. His wee drinking cup shows the kidnapping of Helen of Troy. Makron painted it and Heiron potted it.

After Makron this guy called the Niobid painter painted a vase showing the killing of the Niobid children by .... Artemis and Apollo *double checks* Yus, Artemis and Apollo. Can't remember what they did to deserve it though I think it may have been something their mother did. it's done all fancy-like, showing rocks and different levels on which they stand. Oh, it's a kalyx crater and was painted 470-450BC

After that goes
Penthilseia Pyxis at 460-450
450-440 Achilles lekythos of a woman and her maid

And the LAST ONE. The Meidias Hydria from 410-400BC. Which is randomly of the red figure technique rather than the white figure that took hold since around 460BC. Heracles is in (jeepers, that just took about 4 attempts to write.) the Garden of Hesperides because his 11th and final task was to visit, get past teh women are guard it and then knick off with an apple from one of the trees that are guarded by snakes. Sound familiar? Curious isn't it? Heracles seduced the ladies and they gave him the apple. he must be a real ladies' man. On the top of this is Pollux and Castor (yes the same ones from the Exekias amphora of 540-530BC where they had returned home to be greeted by their parents) stealing the wives-to-be of their cousins. Hahaha.
Man I hope this actually helped. I'll be reading it and adding to it and colouring and whatnot.

AHHH CLASSICS.

I'm so glad I can ramble here
<

Tehehehe *hugs you*

Snowy, I just wanted to say to you....when I was in 4th form (year 10/grade 9 I think) our teacher told us that it's always good to tell someone when you appreciate them. But you have to be completely sincere. Look them in the eye and say to them, "*name* I appreciate you" so that they know they are appreciated for the wonderful, darling, tremendously great person they are. Also, they then tell 3 people that they appreciate them and those three tell three others each.... You shouldn't say it too often because it might lose meaning and when you say it, you have to completely mean it.

But anyway. This had a really big impact on me and I'm one of the few people from my 4th form social studies class who still does it but everyone knows what it Means and how much weight it carries.

I just wanted to tell you that *super cyber eye contact*, Snowy, I appreciate you.

that probably is a bit random but I jsut wanted to tlel you
<

And, YAY I think that big ramble actually helped! Except AHHH SO SCREWED FOR THE ALEXANDER THE GREAT ESSAY.

Meh, ah well *calm*

<

Werbung:
I did it today!

This totally helped for vases so I think I did alright on that. The vases I chose (there were three to choose from) were the Makron Skyphos and the Meidias Hydria. And I think I rambled enough in the Excellence questions (worth more marks) to maybe get it.

The plays went alright. I thought it would because I lvoed the plays. 2000 years later and they're still hilarious. Brilliant!

The Alexander essay...could have gone better. There were three options for topics. For the first I had NO idea. For the 2nd and third it was in the format of "Alex did this. Why did he do it, how did he do it and what consequences ensued" I could do the how and why for one question but not the consequences. On the other question it was the reverse. So I ended up bluffing for the consequences of his Fusion Policy so it was crummy and VERY short - only about 300 words :S. Ah well, I might have done better than I thought *cough cough hack hack*

But YAY it's over and I have no school until monday wooooo

*happy*

Back