• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Long Distance Relationships

It could work if both want more than just an online fling. I met my partner online, in an online game to be exact, and we have no problems. I even met his family now.
Sure, but what if you really liked the other person and he or she just wanted an online fling as you call it? Then i don't think it would workout unless you talked about it.

Werbung:
Sure, but what if you really liked the other person and he or she just wanted an online fling as you call it? Then i don't think it would workout unless you talked about it.

Well if the other wasn't serious about the relationship at all then there's no point talking to him/her about it, if he/she already stated that it would be the case. However if that wasn't clarified, you could always ask.

I think if both people make it work, it can work. Long distance relationships can be tough, but can also work with a little patience from both people. You can have "phone dates" or "Skype dates" where you can make time for the other person to talk to them for a certain period of time. Also, try meeting up every once in a while in person.

It can work for a while if both people are involved and committed. But those cases are very rare. From what I've seen and experienced long distance relationships don't last. People get used not being with each other and even though they talk daily they don't get to experience the life together. So let's say at some point they do make the big step and move into the same city, the same house... they're expectations might not meet at all what's going on in real life. Thus the fights and then the break up.

Plus during the time apart I would still have some doubts regarding what my partner is doing and I think in the end doubts get the best of each and everyone of us making us feel bitter and resentful.

I think if both people make it work, it can work. Long distance relationships can be tough, but can also work with a little patience from both people. You can have "phone dates" or "Skype dates" where you can make time for the other person to talk to them for a certain period of time. Also, try meeting up every once in a while in person.

This is basically what me and my boyfriend does. Oh and we try to see each other every summer of the year, well it's basically me going to his country. Then I stay there for 2 to 3 months, which is why we are able to make it up to each other :)
It can work for a while if both people are involved and committed. But those cases are very rare. From what I've seen and experienced long distance relationships don't last. People get used not being with each other and even though they talk daily they don't get to experience the life together. So let's say at some point they do make the big step and move into the same city, the same house... they're expectations might not meet at all what's going on in real life. Thus the fights and then the break up.

Plus during the time apart I would still have some doubts regarding what my partner is doing and I think in the end doubts get the best of each and everyone of us making us feel bitter and resentful.

These outcomes are very common, because not a lot of people are willing to put up all the effort and patience to make long distance relationships work. My boyfriend and I, so far, are doing very well. It seems that as time passes the more our relationship get's better :), which is weird but good in a way. We don't have much problems with the things we expect if one day we live together. Every time I visit his country and stay there for 2-3 months (this happens every year) we live under one roof. We also do it like normal relationships, we have met each other's parents, had dinner with them, go on dates etc.

About the doubts part while we are away with each other, we don't seem to have a problem with it, mainly because my boyfriend tends to be "anti social" towards other girls. Haha, I think I'm the only one who's even able to get near him :p. He doesn't have any problems with me as well so far.

Werbung:
In my opinion it really depends on a couple. There are some people for whom long-distance relationship might work. I'm not one of them though. First of all, I'm too insecure. I'm often very jealous. Also, I need a lot of attention, I want my boyfriend to kiss me, to stoke my hair, to help me do the shopping, to bring me an umbrella when it's raining and I forgot to bring mine with me when I was going out...I can't imagine my everyday life without him.

Back