• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Lmfao

Tiddlyjen

Japanese fooled in poodle scam
Thursday Apr 26 20:55 AEST

Thousands of Japanese have been swindled in a scam in which they were sold Australian and British sheep and told they were poodles.

Flocks of sheep were imported to Japan and then sold by a company called Poodles as Pets, marketed as fashionable accessories, available at $1,600 each.

That is a snip compared to a real poodle which retails for twice that much in Japan.

The scam was uncovered when Japanese moviestar Maiko Kawamaki went on a talk-show and wondered why her new pet would not bark or eat dog food.

advertisement
Click here
She was crestfallen when told it was a sheep.

Then hundreds of other women got in touch with police to say they feared their new "poodle" was also a sheep.

One couple said they became suspicious when they took their "dog" to have its claws trimmed and were told it had hooves.

Japanese police believe there could be 2,000 people affected by the scam, which operated in Sapporo and capitalised on the fact that sheep are rare in Japan, so many do not know what they look like.

"We launched an investigation after we were made aware that a company were selling sheep as poodles," Japanese police said, the The Sun reported.

"Sadly we think there is more than one company operating in this way.

"The sheep are believed to have been imported from overseas - Britain, Australia."

Many of the sheep have now been donated to zoos and farms.

linky

<cracks up>

Werbung:
Uhhhhh....

lamb.jpg

How can you not tell it's not a dog?
<

o_O Were these people blind?!?! A sheep looks nothing like a poodle, everyone I thought knew that, apparently not.. That's a huge investment of sheep, sounds like a very expensive late April fools prank.

Lol If it wasn't the bleating, the other Sheep characteristics such as, angular face, outward pointed ears, horns, angular nose, and nappy wool should have at least given them some red flags. The one obvious one that stands out the most would be the hoofs and horns, is it just me or has people's observation skills declined over the years?

dall_sheep_tracks.jpg

D06B_B_Large%20Dog%20Paw.jpg

How could someone mistake these two? They are blatantly obvious. XD

I would put it down to there not being a whole lot of sheep in Japan... so they are ignorant to what they are...
<

XD That excuse would have worked if they had never seen a dog before, however, they do have dogs over there along with cattle that have hoofs. That person was extremely ignorant and this time it wasn't bliss.

The teeth too, would give it away, I would think. Dogs have a full set of teeth, with canines and everything, sheep have only bottom teeth...

Werbung:
Back