• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Lead in Your Lipstick

hatteubanal

The only lip product I'm using now is L'Oreal Paris' Color Rich Lip Gloss and I only wear it when I feel like it. I know a lot of women are into "glamming" themselves up and I thought the article I read on Yahoo! might interest you gals.

According to the article, some of the lipstick brands out there in the market right now contain the chemical lead which is harmful to the human body.

Here's the list of the top ten lead containing lipsticks

1. Maybelline Color Sensational, Pink Petal (7.9 ppm)

2. L'Oreal Colour Riche, Volcanic, (7.0 ppm)

3. NARS Semi-Matte, Red Lizard (4.93 ppm)

4. Cover Girl Queen Collection, Ruby Remix, (4.92 ppm)

5. Nars Semi-Matte, Funny Face (4.89 ppm)

6. L'Oreal Colour Riche, Tickled Pink (4.45 ppm)

7. L'Oreal Intensely Moisturizing Lipcolor, Heroic (4.41 ppm)

8. Cover Girl Continuous Color, Warm Brick (4.28 ppm)

9. Maybelline Color Sensational, Mauve Me (4.23 ppm)

10. Stargazer Lipstick, #103 (4.12 ppm)

I just though you guys should know.

Werbung:
I don't wear lipstick just the occasional lip balm but if I do intend to buy lipstick, I will be sure to avoid the above brands. But the fact that these famous brands put lead in their lipstick, who's to say the other less known and cheap brands don't put lead in their lipstick? On second thought, I think I shouldn't buy lipstick at all but stick to my lip balm.

I heard about this, but didn't know what brands contained lead. Thanks for shedding light on this hot topic. I'm so glad that I stopped wearing lipstick a few years ago when I found out that women eat about 8 pounds of lipstick in their lifetime. Ew! I just use my Burt's Bees lip balm. It's soothing and all natural.

This is why I gave up lipstick a long time ago. When I used to wear the stuff, I used to get this knife jabbing stomach ache at the end of the day. As soon as I put the stuff down, I no longer have that issue. I did my own research on lipstick a while back and found that there may be chemicals that can lead to cancer and other nasty problems.

The only thing I use on my lips is chapstick on occasion

But the fact that these famous brands put lead in their lipstick, who's to say the other less known and cheap brands don't put lead in their lipstick?

Exactly. For all we know, they could be putting other harmful stuff in their lipsticks.

Thanks for shedding light on this hot topic. I'm so glad that I stopped wearing lipstick a few years ago when I found out that women eat about 8 pounds of lipstick in their lifetime. Ew!

Ack! 8 pounds? I didn't know that! That's really gross.

This is why I gave up lipstick a long time ago. When I used to wear the stuff, I used to get this knife jabbing stomach ache at the end of the day. As soon as I put the stuff down, I no longer have that issue. I did my own research on lipstick a while back and found that there may be chemicals that can lead to cancer and other nasty problems.

The only thing I use on my lips is chapstick on occasion

Your post made me rethink about using the only lip gloss that I still have. I better stop using it. Prevention is better than cure as they say.

I didn't know anything about harmful ingredients in over the counter cosmetics until I joined a wellness company and learned that many popular cosmetics contain known carcinogens and other harmful ingredients. Anything that we put on our skin is absorbed and gets into our system. It is horrifying to think that many people are unaware of the potential harm in the products they are using. I now use only cosmetics with non toxic ingredients, and I breathe a sigh of relief that I don't have to worry about the "what if's."

Werbung:
I didn't know this! Thanks for sharing. I've never been a lipstick girl, myself. I'm content with chapstick or lipgloss. Lipstick would expire on me before I even used a third of it. I think it looks beautiful on most women, but I always feel like a clown when I try to wear it. I'm not sure if I just haven't found a color that suits me or perhaps it's just all in my head and really looks great on me. It just always feels so foreign and I end up wiping it off immediately. I guess I'm better off in the long run if they're ever contaminated like you mentioned.

Back