• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Kirsty's Arrival Into The World

Snowbaby

Birth story:

As you know I wonke up at 3:15am Tues night/Wed morning, with what I thought was a contraction. I lay in bed and waited for an hour to ensure I was correct, they were coming every 10 minutes, like period pain with a braxton. I contracted every 10 minutes on my birthing ball for 4 hours then woke DH. By around 9am thy were around 4 mins apart, but kept fluctuating off and on from 2-12 minutes.

At around 11am, they were about 5-7mins. We put the TENS machine on about 12:30 ish, I've absolutely no idea if it helped me or not, but even if it didn't it was a good distraction pressing the button at the beginning & end of each contraction. By 2pm the contractions were getting intense and closer together so I phoned the midwife, she said they were very busy, it was my first baby & to try and wait it out more at home blink.gif We gave it another half hour and DH was panicking as the contrax were 2-5 mins apart. So off we went to hospital.

We arrived about 2:30 I think, I got checked internally around 3ish and was a "good 4 cm" and my waters were bulging, so off down to a delivery room. By the time I got to the room about 30 mins after being checked, I'd had a show and the contrax were bad. I was given diamorphine & gas and air.

My waters went about 4:30 and I got checked and was 10cm!!!! Talk about shocked!!! We waited til around 5 before I started pushing. The urge is unbelievable, I have never felt anything like that urge to push. By 7:15pm my contrax had slowed a little, I still wasn't managing to push her out so we got an episiotomy and had ventouse - one contraction & push later and she was born @ 7:27pm.

Our first night home:
Our first night went well. Kirsty & I went to bed at 9pm, she slept til just after midnight (ahhhhh!!), fed and kinda grumbled til 3, then slept 3-8am. So really good considering. Feeding is going well, I'm nursing her so it's actually been easier than I expected (so far), I thought I'd have to give up after a struggle but she's taken to it well and I seem to be ok with latching on. She's had a load of washing done already, little minx! She had been a bit pukey last night, the midwife said it's normal as she'll had amniotic fluid & mucus stuck in her tum - she either pukes it up or it'll stay there. Doesn't bother her being pukey tho.

Stewart is totally in love with her. I can't get over what hs is like, I could cry at the thought of him holding her. He's just in awe. So proud. When he thinks about her coming into the world, he wells up every time. She is his "wee precious girl". It's amazing, I've never seen him with a young child,let alone a new baby.

Werbung:
Awwwwwww better watch out Fi .... she's gonna be a proper Daddy's girl lol ..

"Mummy? can I have a sweetie?"

"No, you have to wait til after dinner"

"Fine then !! I'll just ask Daddy ....... he NEVER says no to me" lmao

So how's it going? is it 100 times better than you thought it would be? and are you and Stewart fighting over who get's to cuddle her the most yet? :p

Being parents.... it's indescribable. Seriously. It's a little "alien" as we don't know what to do, it's trial and error for all 3 of us - baby included! But OMG it's just something else. Its funny, I said to Stewart earlier - when she's sleeping, I feel bad for browsing online or watching TV - I feel I should be doing something for her, he feels the same :lol: But we're not her slaves, and what can we do for her whilst she sleeps?!

We're trying so hard not to lift her as soon as she wakes or lets out a wimper, but it's difficult! Your instinct is to go to your baby. I don't want to turn her into one of the baby-types that get used to being picked up as soon as they wake up.

She's pretty much slept all day - hope it doesn't mean awake all night :unsure:

Wow, that all seemed to happen pretty fast Snowy.

What's with the midwife telling you they were busy and to wait at home? That's so odd. Did you end up seeing her at all at any point during the day?

Because she was my first baby and first labours tend to be long & drawn out, I think that's why she said stick it out and encouraged me not to go in. Thankfully my friend who is a nurse had phone me about an hour before we decided to go hospital. She reassured me and made me feel like if it was too much, go in. Otherwise I'd probably have stayed home longer :blink: I dread to even think about it if I had done!

I got teary reading that Fi!

Little Kirsty is just absolutely adorable. I cant wait to watch her grow up into a beautiful little girl!

It sounds like you had a pretty easy birth! That pushing sensation is really strange and animalistic, you won't forget that in a hurry! Truly amazing. You'll be a brilliant Mother. She looks so perfect. xxxxxx

Maybe try and get her into a routine as soon as possible. Lots of milk during the day and she should sleep longer during the night.

Thanks for asking Tilly :hug:

I can't believe Kirsty has been here for 2 weeks already! But at the same time I can't imagine what life was like without her!! We've been doing fine, feeding is going great. The health visitor weighed her yesterday - first time since she was born. Her birth weight was 7lb 4oz, yesterday she was 8lb 4oz rarara Mummy's milk is good stuff *gig*

The only "issue" (bad choice of word?!) we're having is trying to settle her after the 8/9pm feed, she'll fall asleep during her feed, but when we put her in her basket, she stirs and fusses, then wakes up fully, crying lots. So we'll try winding her, checking all the typicals - nappy, too hot/cold, wind, sore tummy - then try and settle her down again, but it's a vicious cycle, of laying her down sleepy, waking up crying. She's still young though.

I have my suspicion that she's been going through a growth spurt the last few days, what with cluster feeding in early evening, fussing and not settling for her sleep at bedtime. These seem to be typical growth spurt behaviours (apparently!).

Yesterday I had to go to the hospital for an additional check up of my stitches. The midwife who checked me last Fri was a little concerned about how I was stitched and wanted me checked properly. I was dreading it, thinking they'd have to cut and re-stitch me :( Turns out all is well, healing perfectly and it can take around 6 weeks post-delivery for everything to settle & my discomfort to ease up.

I've done a basic webpage of her first photos and will keep adding to it - link - the date each photo was taken is above it. Also, I was trying to figure out how to work the camcorder last week and got this little video - link - it's not a great video as I was just mucking about, but it makes her more "real" for those who haven't met her yet :wub: But then, I am biased :lol:

Kirsty started smiling in her sleep a few days ago :wub: It melts my heart!! She's also smiled at us a few times whilst awake but as she is young we don't think they have been intentional smiles. Should be a while yet before the smiles are intentional.

Comparing these 2 photos below, I cannot get over just how much she has changed in the space of 2 weeks!!
kirsty1.jpg

130209.jpg

Aw, I am so happy to hear you're doing well. It sounds like you were just meant to be a Mummy. :wub:

Those are great pictures - she is SO cute. I absolutely love all the pink!

You'll have to try and catch one of her smiles on camera! :D

Love the video! Her hands are sooo tiny. :) Love the pic of Kirsty and your Mum, very sweet indeed. Your Mum must be the happiest Mother on the planet!

Werbung:
Back