• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

I found my sign

Lugia

I will go ahead and say outright that I am a tomboy. I am very much a female, but I am a tomboy. For a while I looked at this as some sort of curse, something that would prevent me from ever making a true friend or finding love. I felt completely lost and alone and sad and was beginning to lose hope.

That's when I met my boyfriend.

My boyfriend accepts me for exactly who I am - I don't have to act "chill" or look "hot" when talking to him on Skype - all that matters is being there.

Slowly I began to realize that the masculine side of me was not a curse but a gift. As my mother would probably say, I have the mouth and muscle of a boy but the heart and mind of a woman. I began to realize that God had given me these qualities for a reason but I couldn't figure out what. I knew what I had to do but had no idea how to do it.

I began to wait and pray for a sign that would tell me what to do. I continued living normally and talking to people. One day, though, one very close friend on deviantART posted a journal entry, and I read it. She talked about some awful people who had been harassing her and at some point even attacked her. I felt very angry and wished I could fight back at them for laying a hand on one of my friends. But then I continued thinking about this and realized, "Why don't I do that for just anyone?"

I remembered all of the horrible things that can happen in this world. People are very violent and will do horrible things to a person, even if it's for a silly reason such as "oh, she looked at my man the wrong way and I don't like it!" and they starting beating the living daylights out of each other instead of talking a situation out and understanding the situation fully. For example, the lady that was looking at 'your man' - she probably found him attractive, yeah, but that's perfectly natural for a woman - it doesn't mean she was going to try and start something with him. But while these people do these things and say these things to each other, there's always a crowd just sitting on the sidelines doing nothing. Nothing.

I am going to risk everything, and quit being one of those people on the sidelines.

I have finally learned that my sign from God has been right in front of me this whole time. I just never realized it. I need to take the gentle, patient, intelligent parts of me from my feminine side which is what makes a woman good at teaching. I will then take the loud voice and the strength from my masculine side. I will then fuse those qualities together and unlock a part of me that even I never realized existed... and I will use this new part to help take a stand and remind the world of the meaning of 'courage'.

That is my one true quest in life. I know I am not the only one who has gotten these signs before - there are many people who have, no doubt... and it is likely that there are several even here on this forum. This is the ultimate favor I will ask of you, ladies - it is to try to find in your heart and in your soul what I have found in mine. Find a new you in your heart that you never knew was there. And most of all... be brave. Next time you see something you know is wrong... be brave. No matter how scary it is, step in and stop it! It may not happen right away, but others will follow...

Question with boldness, hold to the truth, speak without fear...........

244w8au.jpg

Werbung:
Back